|Job title :||Senior Automotive Technician / Working Foreman|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Job Reference :||35144|
|Contact name :||Cassandra Spanidis|
|Job published :||12 months ago|
Job description - 35144
- Attractive, flexible remuneration - salary, bonuses, relocation package, and accommodation assistance
- Country lifestyle with the benefits of a nearby city
- Family-owned business with long term staff tenure
Access 30 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job. New Zealand's leaders in motor industry recruitment since 1991.
About the company
Akaroa Motor Garage is a family owned business that mainly offers a range of servicing and repairs to a variety of vehicles and equipment with a focus on light vehicles.
Due to retirement of one of their senior staff, they are now looking to employ a Working Foreman to assist in running this busy workshop and supervise a team of skilled technicians.
This varied role will see you fulfilling the duties of a Working Foreman and you will therefore be carrying out servicing, repairs, and diagnostics on vehicles and equipment as well as supervising the team alongside the owners.
The assortment of vehicles and equipment that come through the door include new and classic cars, small engines, as well as the odd farm machine or boat. This makes for an interesting role where no two days are alike!
The workshop also conducts WOFs and are agents for Husqvarna, are an AA road service contractor, as well as a Bridgestone dealer.
Duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Conducting WOFs
- Servicing, repairs, diagnostics, and maintenance on a range of vehicles and equipment
- Job allocation for the workshop team which will include 3 other technicians
- Working to deadlines
- Ensuring workshop productivity is kept at a high level
- Controlling the quality of work completed in the workshop
- You will be the go between for the workshop staff and customer service staff
- Keeping all records up to date and fulfilling other admin duties relevant to your role
- Subsequent planning of jobs
Consideration will be given to those needing to relocate as there is a relocation package on offer.
- A relevant automotive trade qualification
- You must have a broad range of prior experience as a mechanic/technician i.e., exposure to a range of brands and types of vehicles/equipment
- It would be advantageous for you to have prior supervisory or even 2IC experience and are wanting to take a step up and manage a team
- A WOF ticket is highly sought after - daily inspections will be part of your duties
- You must be able to deal with a heavy workload and thrive under pressure
- Team player
- Friendly demeanour
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
The role is based in a close-knit community that supports each other, with schooling options from kindergarten up to year 13.
Akaroa is a resort town having been the only French settlement in NZ. It is an easy drive south-east of Christchurch and therefore has the best of both worlds - beautiful scenery, blue waters, and a country lifestyle with city benefits on your doorstep.
Offering superior rates, the remuneration package is flexible depending on your situation. It will consist of a salary, monthly bonuses, and a relocation package (if applicable). If necessary, assistance with accommodation can also be provided.
You will also have the advantage of working for a family run business that looks after and values its staff.
This is your chance to join a busy workshop and further develop your mechanical and supervisory skills all at the same time.
How to apply
Applications from those wanting to relocate from elsewhere within NZ to this picturesque town are welcome - a relocation package is on offer for those that need to relocate.
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online. For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.
You can also email or visit our website at automotiveemployment.co.nz
Job has Expired