General Manager - Easy Driver
- A trading role leading from the front
- Developing and mentoring used vehicles operations and management
- Strategic involvement in wider business development
Job reference - 93735
About the employer
Having developed a presence in the Auckland used vehicle market, this New Zealand owned operation has grown volume and profitability. Now, a few years into trading, the plans are to move forward and achieve further growth. This role has emerged to drive sales with medium term plans with the groups multi branch operations.
What the role entails
This is no backroom analyst's role with a closed-door policy; it is a trading role, a hands-on role working with the sales team and management. Your role is principally profit generation and the following is a brief of what you will need to achieve:
- Active and energised management of sales activities, the sales team leader, and other staff
- Pricing and appraisal of vehicles
- Sourcing quality New Zealand-new used vehicle stock
- Introducing new and profitable sourcing opportunities to complement existing used vehicle stock
- Operations management ensuring stock presentation is held to a high standard
- Cost control and organisation of individual vehicles to ensure pre-sale preparation is completed to an acceptable standard and that vehicles return premium profits when sold
- Stock control and competent management of outdated stock disposals
- Involvement in digital marketing, social media marketing and strategies, dealer management systems, and more general advertising and marketing initiatives (in conjunction with the Group Marketing Manager)
- Sales training of structured direct selling methods and response training and control of digital, email, and phone enquiry
- Recruitment and sourcing of personnel applicable to your role
- Management of after sales processes
- There is a content of weekend work applicable to this role
A more detailed job description is available on request.
While there are numerous trading activities, mentoring management to guide operational efficiencies and growth is also pivotal in this role. The appointee will need to possess the emotional intelligence to work alongside the executive team fostering a culture of excellence.
The skills and employment background required to secure this role
You will need to currently be employed in the motor industry in a role such as Branch Manager, Sales Manager, or perhaps even a Dealer Principal who desires to get out from behind the desk and back into the trading activities in a senior capacity. This role will require the skills of a highly accomplished vehicle trader with considerable business acumen.
The challenge and reward
Perhaps the most attractive aspect to this role will prove to be the challenge and reward that will come from working with the team in the achievement of the overall growth and mentoring objectives.
Success will be measured in profitability, achievement of operational efficiencies, and company growth. In turn, this is an unparalleled opportunity; not only will this role provide an attractive financial reward now, but, with the achievement of success, this role could well carve out a long-term career with significant further potential.
How to apply and closing date
If you are viewing this ad online, the best method of application is to upload your resume through the ‘Apply Now’ section of this ad. This guarantees that both the recruiter and Instant Finance can view the progress of your application.
- All applications received will be acknowledged upon application
- Applications must be received by the closing date which is Sunday the 7th of April, 2019 to be considered for this role
- Processing of applications begins on Monday the 8th of April, 2019
- All applications will be forwarded to Instant Finance Ltd / Easy Driver unless otherwise requested
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for a job description. For a confidential discussion you call Russell Phillips from within NZ via Freephone on 0800 67 57 47, or +64 27 479 0000 if applying from offshore.
15 Mar 2019
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Sales >> National Sales Manager
- Executive Management >> General Manager