General Manager - Automotive
- Use your business management, automotive or franchise knowledge
- Strategic and operational management
- Executive role - international brand
Job reference - 89707
Midas is a recognised international brand for vehicle servicing and repairs throughout New Zealand and the world. Operating under license from Midas International, Midas New Zealand has been established since 1988. In New Zealand Midas presently has 23 franchise sites with further aspirations for growth. The Head Office is based on the North Shore of Auckland where a small team of employees represent and service the franchise network.
The General Manager is responsible for the entire New Zealand operation both strategically and operationally to ensure the success, development, and growth of Midas and its franchises.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Development and execution of a strategic growth strategy
- Establish budgets in conjunction with the directors and ensure targets are achieved
- Develop, implement, and manage an innovative national advertising and marketing strategy
- Identify areas of market / network opportunity and challenges and provide solutions
- Provide operational support to the Midas network
- Develop and maintain solid trust relationships with the franchisees
- Management of the franchise support team
- Management of franchise recruitment re-sales and on-boarding process
- Ongoing management of franchise training needs and systems
- Management of properties and lease agreements and renewals
- Building and maintaining key industry relationships
- Organising and delivering the annual conference and workshops that add value to franchisees
- Negotiating and working collaboratively with preferred suppliers to ensure value of Midas supply chain
- There are approximately 5 - 7 days travel per month; flexibility required
A more complete Job description is available upon request. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Extensive business management experience and solid commercial acumen
- Franchise or multiple branch management experience
- Knowledge of financials through to balance sheet with the ability to contribute strategically to the business plan
- Ability to develop quality systems and procedures
- A strong leader able to drive success and motivate people
- Proven ability to strategically drive company growth and profitability
- Knowledge of employment law
- Experience in lease negotiations
- Automotive knowledge and experience an added advantage
- A professional leadership style
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Analytical skills with solid attention to detail
- Enthusiasm, persistence, and resilience are a must
This is a general management role and the appointee will be responsible for the success for the business. You will need to provide evidence that you know how to run a business successfully and execute your duties with excellence.
The challenge and reward presented
Very rarely does a role surface with the complexity and strategic input required of this position in this market sector. There can be little doubt the challenge presented represents one of the more enticing roles to emerge in the motor industry for some time.
Remuneration features an attractive 6 figure-plus base income. Lucrative incentives further add to the package as does a generous car allowance allowing the appointee flexibility in their drive vehicle choice. Smart phone, laptop, travel expenses are also included.
How to apply and closing date
We invite local, national, and international applications.
If you are viewing this ad online, the best method of application is to upload your resume through the ‘Apply Now’ section of this ad. This guarantees that both the recruiter and Midas NZ can view the progress of your application.
- All applications received will be acknowledged upon application
- Applications must be received by the closing date which is Sunday the 24th of March, 2019 to be considered for this role
- Processing of applications begins on Monday the 25th of March, 2019
- All applications will be forwarded to Midas NZ for review unless otherwise requested
Should you wish to confidentially discuss the role, contact Kim Simpson on +64 9 271 3200 or via Freephone 0800 67 57 47 or Russell Phillips on +64 27 479 0000
6 Mar 2019
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Executive Management >> Management
- Executive Management >> General Manager