Aftersales Training and Technical Coordinator
- Provide and manage training to the dealer network
- Use your technical training skills working for a top distributor
- Excellent facilities and team environment
Job reference - 70563
We are looking for an experienced Automotive Trainer to join Kia New Zealand at their Head Office in Highbrook Auckland.
Kia is recognised as one of the most progressive automotive brands both in New Zealand and worldwide with 24 outlets nationwide including the National Headquarters in Highbrook, Auckland. Guided by their brand slogan “The Power to Surprise”, the team at Kia are dedicated to providing customers with products and services that exceed expectations. This is achieved through a devoted team with unparalleled work ethic and innovative product design driven by smart technologies.
You will be responsible for coordinating and ensuring quality training delivery, information, and support to the Kia dealer network on all aspects of aftersales.
You will have day to day involvement with the dealer network relating to product and technical issues.
- Manage all internet based training in conjunction with manufactures’ requirements
- Develop and deliver training courses for technical roles including brand training through to Master Technician level
- Facilitate external training for Service Advisor and Service Manager training modules
- Develop and conduct introductory courses for apprentice level technicians
- New model introduction training
- International travel to attend regional Kia training courses
- Local travel to address unresolvable technical issues
- Management of training costs
- Develop and maintain in-depth understanding of all Kia technical operations
- Management of dealer technical enquiry system
- Provide technical advice to the dealer network
- Distribution of service information and bulletins to the dealer network
- Ensure new policies are adhered to throughout the dealer network
- Manage and coach technical support staff members
- Assist warranty department with technical issues
The ideal applicant will be a trade qualified technician who has progressed in their career to become a Trainer or in a similar role as well as the following skills, attributes, and experience:
- Above average technical knowledge and ability
- Recognised trade qualification is essential
- Training experience within the automotive sector preferred but not essential
- Solid planning and organisational skills
- Coaching and mentoring experience
- Ability to build and maintain solid customer relations
- Sound computer literacy
- A team player
- Good attention to detail
- Proven problem solving skills
You will work in a friendly, productive team at a top distributor. A solid package is on offer including a full company vehicle. Ongoing training and international travel will also be part of your role.
How to apply and the closing date
If you are viewing this ad online, the best method of application is to upload your resume through the ‘Apply Now’ section of this ad. This guarantees that both the recruiter and Kia Motors NZ can view the progress of your application.
- All applications received will be acknowledged upon application
- Applications must be received by the closing date which is Tuesday the 12th of February, 2019 to be considered for this role
- Processing of applications begins on Wednesday the 13th of February, 2019
- All applications will be forwarded to Kia Motors NZ for review unless otherwise requested
Should you wish to confidentially discuss the role, contact Kim Simpson on +64 9 271 3200 or via Freephone 0800 67 57 47.
30 Jan 2019
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Automotive Trades >> Automotive Technician
- Automotive Trades >> Automotive Trainer