Technician - Performance vehicles
- Work in a top Performance / Motorsport workshop
- Power performance and vehicle enhancement work
- Skilled automotive technician required
Job reference - 3439
This is a rare opportunity for a performance / motorsport enthusiast to join a top performance shop in Auckland. We are looking for a highly skilled technician to join this specialised team.
You will enjoy a great variety of duties in your day working on a large range of vehicles including classic American muscle cars and late model Japanese cars too.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Race and rally car preparation
- Servicing, maintenance and set-up
- Repair work including engine and transmission rebuilds
- Fabrication and welding
- Basic electrical work
First prize will be a trade qualified technician with extensive performance vehicle experience but non qualified applicants who possess extensive experience will also be considered for this role.
The successful applicant will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Highly experienced with performance / motorsport vehicles
- Trade qualified (preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of Japanese performance vehicles
- Fabrication and welding experience
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Tuning and engine management system knowledge preferred
- Team player
- Able to multitask
- Sound work ethic
- Solid communication skills
- Attention to detail and quality workmanship
Opportunities to work in the motorsport sector do not come around very often. An excellent hourly rate is on offer for high end skills. You will work Monday to Friday but may sometimes be required to attend events so a genuine interest in the performance / motorsport world is essential to this role.
How to apply
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online.
We are recruiting for 100+ current vacancies across the board.
For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: Freephone 0800 67 57 47 from landline and mobile. The International landline is +64 9 271 3200.
30 Jan 2019
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Automotive Trades >> Automotive Technician
- Automotive Trades >> Motor Mechanic