Business Development Manager – Finance & Leasing
- The challenge to forge new business relationships at new levels
- Autonomous senior role promoting Driveline's SmartLease product
- Secure a 5-day week and align yourself with an employer of choice
Job reference - 3440
Driveline, the car leasing experts, have clients across the length and breadth of New Zealand with more than 60% of their business derived from repeat custom. The specialist business development team at Driveline shares a collective career history of nearly 100 years in the vehicle industry. They are recognised professionals in the motor, finance and leasing industry. The company's superior relationships with national vehicle distributors, finance providers and suppliers have led to strategic client partnerships that underpin the success and growth achieved by the company.
Duties and responsibilities
The Business Development Executive will be responsible for identifying and building relationships with SME prospects, and meeting their ongoing business needs with the sale of Driveline products and services. The role is based in Auckland however it has a strong autonomous focus and business will be developed outside of this area. The successful applicant will receive an existing data base to manage and will also be challenged to grow the client base significantly during their employment.
Duties will include:
- Establish connections and build relationships with businesses from SME business owners, to sole traders and corporates
- Generate leads and secure new business through the promotion of Driveline's SmartLease product
- Attend relevant networking events, including outside standard hours to build relationships and develop future business opportunities
- Get acquainted with customers' transport needs, decision processes and decision makers
- Sustain relationships with existing customers in order to increase the volume of business
- Follow up website enquiries and leads generated internally Identify future business opportunities with existing customers Identify and develop additional business avenues to vehicles such as plant, equipment, marine etc
- Present proposals for customers covering all relevant Driveline leasing and finance products and services Conduct competitor analysis and industry intelligence reports
It is likely the successful applicant will have an automotive background in corporate sales, F & I business management, or the vehicle leasing sector. You will have the strength of character to build solid relationships that span the text of time.
The following skills, experience and attributes will be required:
- Proven track record and capacity for sales
- Understanding of vehicle sales Leasing and finance knowledge would be advantageous
- Ability to generate and secure new business
- Capability to build rapport and maintain customer relationships
- High level of communication skills
- Strong organisational proficiency and computer skills
- High attention to detail and ability to work in a structured manner
- Commercial acumen
This role would suit a sales professional, preferably with automotive experience who is well connected, friendly and has the ability to build new relationships with customers.
- Monday to Friday working week
- Company car and phone
- Generous base salary with lucrative commissions
- Friendly and close-knit team
- Positive working environment
- Progressive company with strong executive leadership
- Excellent marketing behind products and services
- Exceptional support from the company to carry out duties and responsibilities
- Genuine care for well-being of employees
- This is an excellent opportunity to align yourself with a progressive company that has national reach as well as strong branding and an excellent reputation.
- The earning potential in this role is lucrative and the base salary exceeds standard vehicle sales roles without limitations on commission.
How to apply and the closing date
If you are viewing this ad online, the best method of application is to upload your resume through the ‘Apply Now’ section of this ad. This guarantees that both the recruiter and Driveline can view the progress of your application.
- All applications received will be acknowledged upon application
- Applications must be received by the closing date which is Monday the 4th of February, 2019 to be considered for this role
- Processing of applications begins on Tuesday the 5th of February, 2019
- All applications will be forwarded to Driveline for review unless otherwise requested
Should you wish to confidentially discuss the role, contact Kim Simpson on +64 9 271 3200 or via Freephone 0800 67 57 47.
30 Jan 2019
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Sales >> Business Development Manager
- Sales >> Business Development Executive