Retail Manager - AutoSelect
- Newly built, state of the art, modern facility
- Auckland based
- Great earning potential
Job reference - 3379
About the company
FleetPartners is one of New Zealand’s leading vehicle leasing and fleet management companies, managing in excess of 50,000 vehicles in their trans Tasman operations. With head offices in Sydney, Australia and Auckland, New Zealand and local offices located throughout Australia and New Zealand, they employ more than 400 talented people. FleetPartners also form part of Eclipx Group, an ASX-listed diversified financial services company and established leader in vehicle fleet leasing and fleet management on both sides of the Tasman.
Auto Select is a registered motor vehicle trader that sells FleetPartners’ quality, ex-lease vehicles directly to the public with sites in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. They pride themselves in delivering excellent customer service and providing their customers with the best advice for making an educated vehicle purchase. The Auckland site carries most of the stock and has access to over 300 vehicles every month. They provide financial services and accept trade-in vehicles.
The Retail Manager will oversee the running of the used vehicle sales operation in Auckland. The selected candidate will be walking into a brand-new, state of the art and modern showroom opening at the end of October and from there the successful candidate will be leading and managing a team of Sales Executives ensuring sales targets are achieved.
You will be driving to ensure each customer receives an awesome customer experience from the moment they enter the premises and with great coffee, comfortable seating areas, and an amazing entertainment area for the kids and literally hundreds of cars to choose from, the company has made this quite easy to accomplish.
- Running of the retail sales department
- Managing, leading and motivating staff
- Design and implement strategic sales plans
- Direct the team’s focus and set goals to ensure targets are achieved
- Mentoring and coaching of staff to ensure they perform to their best
- Assisting sales personnel to structure and close deals
- Ensure all sales opportunities are maximised by taking care of walk in customers, ensuring sales leads are followed up and updated, and all enquiries are being processed
- Deal with a large number and variety of customers and ensure top customer service is always delivered
- Complete evaluations and pricing on trade-in vehicles
- Manage stock by doing stock takes and knowing which vehicles are aged
- Ensure all stock is presented at the highest level (parking display, clean, fuel etc.)
- Calculate sales personnel commission reports for approval by the GM
- Act professionally always adhering to company values, policies, and procedures, and health & safety
- Reporting to senior management
Skills and experience
- Strong management / leadership skills in the automotive industry
- A strong background (3+ years) in the used / new vehicle market would be ideal
- Analytical skills providing you with the ability to take sales numbers and analyse them to find weaknesses / strengths and cost-saving opportunities weaknesses/strengths and cost-saving opportunities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Understanding and experience in pricing stock and trade-ins
- Financial knowledge so you can manage your sales targets and budgets
- Positive attitude with the ability to use your initiative and think out of the box
- Strong relationship builder and networker
- Professional presentation at all times
- Solid computer skills
- Proven track record of success
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
The company will offer a top base salary and that will be topped up with commission earnings to take it to a 6-figure income. Other benefits aligned to the level of this role will also be provided.
How to apply
If you are viewing this ad online, the best method of application is to upload your resume through the 'Apply Now' section of this ad as this guarantees that AutoSelect can view your application.
- All applications will be acknowledged upon application
- All applications will be forwarded to the Auto Select unless otherwise requested
Applicants who do not wish to immediately identify their candidature can also contact Danelle Kinnear for a confidential discussion from mobile or landline on Freephone 0800 67 57 47 or +64 9 271 3200.
30 Jan 2019
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Sales >> Used Vehicle Sales
- Sales >> New Vehicle Sales