National Sales Manager - RVE Vehicle Enhancement
- Exciting role with a wholly owned NZ business
- Extensive travel to Australia involved
- Auckland based
Job reference - 3389
About RVE – Retro Vehicle Enhancement
Since 1968 RVE have carved out a solid reputation for their devotion to exemplary quality and service. This second generation, wholly New Zealand owned business pride themselves on leading the world in vehicle enhancement.
RVE specialises in “SPECIAL EDITION” packages and accessories that bridge the gap between the car manufacturer options and the vehicle owners’ desires. “WE CREATE PASSION”.
The team of approximately 50 staff operate from Penrose, Auckland with their vehicle enhancement services marketed to national distributors and their retail dealer networks nationally in New Zealand and throughout Australia.
The role you could secure
“WE CREATE PASSION” is the statement made by RVE. The National Sales Manager is the drive behind that passion communicating RVE’s unique market position to their existing and future clients in the automotive, heavy automotive, and allied fields of industry. As the foremost ambassador of RVE, the appointee will be responsible for increasing sales. They will be the primary contact for new vehicle distributors in both New Zealand and Australia. The role is directly responsible for securing the business and business channels that drive profitability for the company.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Driving and personally securing substantial business from national distributor sales in New Zealand and Australia
- You will lead all sales activity personally developing new business with key accounts
- Successfully achieving conquest business. Identifying new business channels then conquering new business is what this role is all about
- Further development of the NZ market AND development of the Australian market
- In addition to the national distributor business, the National Sales Manager and his team also secure business with dealerships nationwide
- The National Sales Manager is responsible for the quality of relationships and the volumes of business generated, leading and expanding business activity
- The National Sales Manager will need to possess strong commercial acumen and contribute strategically to plans that successfully result in an increase in business in NZ and Australia
- Assisting the sales team members in reaching their individual and collective targets
- There is extensive international travel involved in this role. A current passport is required on commencement
The duties above constitute a small portion of the overall role. RVE have made available a comprehensive job description which is available upon request.
The skills RVE are seeking to secure
A motor industry or allied background is considered highly desirable for this role as is strong contacts with national new vehicle distributors and / or the new vehicle dealer network. Your business development skills must be self-evident. Perhaps you possess skills in an allied industry we could consider also.
You will need the strength of character to establish personal credibility with motor industry executives in both NZ and Australia and carve out new business. This is a role where you will need the confidence to forge business relationships at the very highest level of the motor industry. It is likely you have already achieved considerable success.
A significant part of this role is enhancing business relationships with existing clients both in New Zealand and Australia. Not only will you need to be capable of creating new business but you will need to be a polished relationship developer fostering superior customer relationships.
While a tertiary qualification is seen as desirable it is not essential but candidates will be expected to possess relevant backgrounds to apply as this is a senior not entry business management role requiring considerable commercial acumen and reserves of energy.
Exceptionally good verbal and electronic communication skills are non-negotiable. You will also possess a reasonable standard of IT literacy.
How to apply and closing date
If you are viewing this ad online, the best method of application is to upload your resume through the 'Apply Now' section of this ad as this guarantees that RVE can view your application.
- All applications will be acknowledged upon application
- Check the closing date carefully. This is Wednesday November 14th. To be considered for this role, applications need to be received prior to this date
When will you hear from us?
If you uploaded your resume via the APPLY NOW section of our ad you receive an automated response so you will know we have received your application
- Processing of applications begins Thursday November 15th. A second acknowledgement of the commencement of processing is provided at this time. If you have not heard from us on this date, we do not have your application
- All applications will be forwarded to RVE unless otherwise requested
To request a job description (recommended) email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Further information is available by calling Danelle Kinnear or Russell Phillips via Freephone 0800 67 57 47 or on landline +64 9 271 3200.
26 Oct 2018
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Sales >> National Sales Manager
- Sales >> Business Development Manager