Service Manager - South Island
- Head up a busy, productive team
- Premium brands and premium workplace
- Be part of an established growing group
Job reference - 3371
We are looking for an experienced Service Manager who is keen to take on a new challenge. This would suit an applicant looking to relocate from Auckland to a more rural part of New Zealand.
About the company
One of the South Island’s most experienced quality car dealerships. The dealership offers a busy, highly productive working environment.
Although based in one of New Zealand’s smaller towns, the scope of this role should not be underestimated. The dealership is a highly productive, busy environment and boasts a large, diverse customer base.
You will be required to handle the strategic aspects of service management, lead the team, as well as provide high levels of customer service to a high volume customer base. This position is a hands-on customer facing role, assisting the team with all aspects of administration, customer service, and day to day tasks.
Duties will include:
- Responsible for the smooth running of the service department, ensuring the site is adequately resourced to achieve targets
- Tracking of monthly target progress and objectives and reporting to the General Manager
- Implementation of strategy and processes alongside the General Manager
- Coordinating the workshop in conjunction with the Service Advisors
- Ensuring best practice health and safety processes are adhered to
- Management of follow up processes for work in progress
- Measuring and controlling productivity and efficiency
- Measuring and controlling daily labour sales
- Measuring lost job operations and countermeasures by team to improve labour sales
- Managing a team of technicians, Service Advisors, and support staff
- Assisting technicians with technical queries
- Extensive customer liaison assisting Service Advisors on a daily basis
- Budget control and maintenance
- All related administration and reporting functions
The successful applicant will have the following experience skills and attributes:
- Experienced Service Manager looking for the next step in their career
- Franchise dealership experience is a must, Premium brand exposure desirable
- Able to multitask and manage an ever changing heavy workload
- Willing to work in a hands-on capacity as well as having responsibility for the department
- Happy to relocate to Queenstown or surrounding areas
- Customer service driven
- Solid leadership / team building skills / team player
- Ability to report and analyse figures
- Budget maintenance and control experience
- The role comes with a solid basic salary, attractive OTE, vehicle, as well as all other required tools of the trade
- Being part of this well established and growing group is also an attractive proposition for an experienced Service Manager
How to apply
Click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online.
We are recruiting for 100+ current vacancies across the board.
For more information on this ad or our full range of vacancies, contact your industry recruitment specialists at Automotive Employment (NZ) Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: Freephone 0800 67 57 47 from landline and mobile. The International landline is +64 9 271 3200.
5 Oct 2018
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Automotive Trades >> Service Manager
- Automotive Trades >> Assistant Service Manager