RV Super Centre Sales and Service Manager Christchurch
- Managing recreational vehicle sales and service operations
- Sales/operations management / vehicle leasing/rentals background
- Manage the sales of recreational vehicles and service operations
Job reference - 3369
Tourism Holdings Limited (THL)
Tourism Holdings Limited (THL) is New Zealand's premier tourism company and the largest provider of holiday vehicles for rent and sale globally.
In Australia and New Zealand, THL operate under the Maui, Britz, and Mighty rentals brands, and the RV sales brands - RV Sales Centre and RV Super Centre. Having recently appointed the Auckland and Christchurch Manager of the RV Super Centres, a second role has now emerged for a manager to drive the sales and service operations in Christchurch.
About the role
Located in Harewood next to the Christchurch International Airport, THL operate an impressive new and used recreational vehicle sales and service operation. With a selection of some 70 motorhomes, the Super Centre provides an enviable selection of stock ranging from premium new motorhomes to a selection of late model, low mileage campervans and ex-rental RV’s.
The sales operations are complemented by a busy service operation repairing maintaining RV’s. A combination of carrying out retail client repairs, pre-delivery inspections, and preparation of new and used RV’s and fleet servicing.
The role of Sales and Service Manager is responsible for two primary divisions at the Christchurch RV Super Centre:
1. Sales: Driving the sales processes of your sales team and active participation in the process of selling recreational vehicles is a primary task. This is no backroom sales management role; you are the person driving the sales process and increasing sales volumes. You will need to be both farmer and hunter and provide inspirational leadership to your sales staff to achieve the same.
2. Service: Providing day-to-day strategic leadership to the service operations. Managing the service operations in conjunction with the sales operations will place you in the hub of all activity. Booking of RV’s for service, organising pre-delivery work and RV preparations are also all part of this role. So too will ensuring the achievements of pre-determined KPI’s for the technical and service support personnel. You are the person responsible for increasing after sales / service growth.
You will need to be a relationship builder capable of crafting relationships in the RV sector. Aside from managing a small sales team, exploring and discovering new channels to be able to increase market share of RV sales is pivotal. Your immersion in the RV culture by exploring opportunities emerging in the Mighway management, RV associations, and generally getting involved in all things RV, will be essential to increase market share.
Creating a healthy group environment where respect, open communication, creative thinking, collaboration across teams, and cohesive achievement are commonplace is essential.
The skills and experience sought
Knowledge of sales operations either in the motor industry, recreational vehicles sector, or vehicle rentals sector is viewed as highly sought after. Similar experience with other capital items is also of consideration. While not essential, this experience combined with service operations experience would of course be the ideal background.
Strong efficiencies coupled with the ability to drive sales and sales processes are essential for every candidate, so too accomplished communication skills both verbally and electronically.
Perhaps the most rewarding aspect of the role is the company you will work for. Known for an inclusive, fun company culture, THL offers far more than perfunctory employment. The casual dress code reflects the recreational nature of their products. THL as a company itself is a large global corporate providing both career growth opportunities, open communication, and will prove an employer of choice.
An attractive salaried package with additional benefits and incentives makes this role more enticing, all factors considered.
How to apply and closing date
If you are viewing this ad online, the best method of application is to upload your resume through the 'Apply Now' section of this ad as this guarantees the employer will view your application.
- All applications will be acknowledged upon application
- Applications must be received by the closing date which is Wednesday October the 24th to be considered for this role. Applications need to be received prior to this date when THL then begin assessing applications
- Please note all applications are forwarded to THL unless otherwise requested
- Processing of applications begins on Thursday October the 25th when a second acknowledgement of the commencement of processing will be provided
For more information or a confidential discussion, you can call Russell Phillips from mobile or landline on Freephone 0800 67 57 47, or +64 27 479 0000.
You can also request a job description from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
4 Oct 2018
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Automotive Trades >> Service Manager
- Sales >> Sales Manager