Area Sales Manager - Auckland based
- Auckland based role
- Work with a top class supplier
- Down-to-earth but corporate working environment
Job reference - 3261
As a leading edge designer, distributor, and manufacturer of motor industry components this multinational company is considered an innovative market leader in New Zealand and the company may be considered by many as an employer of choice. The role of Area Sales Manager has become available and it is certainly one of the more interesting roles out there!
You will be responsible for ensuring budgets and sales volumes are met, the new and existing customer database is maintained and looked after, and that you represent the company in the utmost professional manner. The role will report directly to the Sales Manager.
The varied nature of this role means this is a very hands on role and this includes being directly involved in customer service activities with automotive and heavy automotive products - this is where a transport or automotive background is imperative.
- Building and maintaining relationships both internally (production, administration, accounts, and sales) and externally (direct and indirect customers, suppliers, and government organisations)
- Marketing of company products to customers (new and existing)
- Prospecting and marketing to grow new business
- Agree on and set targets and strategically ensure they are achieved
- Servicing existing clients in order to increase their business
- Liaising with customers on a daily basis and maintaining regular call cycles / visits
- Report on call-in results
- Negotiate pricing and conditions
- Excellent customer service at all times
- Delivering on promises / commitments made
- Knowing competitors and being able to analyse accordingly
- Establish where processes and systems can be improved
- Contribute positively to the company
- Maintain close liaison with distribution and warehouse staff
The ideal candidate
- Strong business acumen
- Proven account management experience
- A Business Management and / or Electrical/Engineering qualification would be ideal
- Proven sales track record
- Strategic planning experience
- Strong level of resilience
- Strong automotive understanding
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Solutions focused
- Strong marketing knowledge
- Strong negotiation skills
- High accountability
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Good computer literacy
- Friendly, helpful, and the ability to fit within team culture
- Stable career history
- Top class personal presentation
- Vibrant, outgoing person who is extremely efficient and well organised who can build relationships both in the company and with external clients and suppliers
You will be working for a well-established company with career growth possibilities and a friendly team. The remuneration is at market rates and will not disappoint. If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please apply.
How to apply
Click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online.
We are recruiting for 100+ current vacancies across the board.
For more information on this ad or our full range of vacancies, contact your industry recruitment specialists at Automotive Employment (NZ) Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: Freephone 0800 67 57 47 from landline and mobile. The International landline is +64 9 271 3200.
6 Jul 2018
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Sales >> Sales Representative
- Sales >> Area Manager