Manager - RV Super Centres Auckland and Christchurch
- Motor industry background required
- Auckland based with national involvement
- (RV) Holiday vehicle sector/motorhomes
Job reference - 3241
The position is broadly aligned with that of a Dealer Principal / GM of an automotive or heavy diesel dealership.
About Tourism Holdings Limited (THL)
Tourism Holdings Limited (THL) is New Zealand's premier tourism company and the largest provider of holiday vehicles for rent and sale globally.
In Australia and New Zealand, THL operate under the Maui, Britz, and Mighty rentals brands, and the RV Sales brands - RV Sales Centre and RV Super Centre. THL's global footprint also extends to large, self-touring sales and rental operations in the USA and United Kingdom.
The role, responsibilities, and reporting relationships
Reporting to the General Manager NZ Operations and based from Albany, Auckland, this role manages the commercial trading activities for the Auckland and Christchurch RV Super Centres.
The National Manager will lead the sales teams for new and used campervans, the after sales teams in service operations, and the RV accessories and supplies divisions that sell everything from TV, audio, and satellite equipment, heating, and refrigeration right through to camping equipment and parts. These businesses are known as RV Super Centres.
The role encompasses virtually all the responsibilities normally undertaken by a Dealer Principal / GM in the NZ motor industry and could appeal to candidates in the automotive, heavy diesel, recreational marine, materials handing, or similar motor industry sectors.
- Managing a team of approximately 50 staff in Auckland and Christchurch comprising of the camper van sales professionals and leaders, technical service leaders, the retail staff in the accessories and supplies divisions, along with the customer relations personnel
- Driving the sales activity of new and used campervans and increasing RV sales to achieve ambitious sales growth
- Expanding the base of retail service customers
- Ensuring after sales management is maximising labour sales and parts sales opportunities, effectively managing unapplied time and increasing productivity and efficiency
- Increasing retail sales of accessories, supplies, and parts
To achieve the planned growth, the National Manager will need to build strong relationships in the RV industry including the “Mighway” managed fleet and privately-owned RV market around NZ.
- Lead Health and Safety for the RVSC operation
- Lead teams involved in a range of initiatives including change management, property, procurement, vehicle, design, and technology projects
- Lead the liaison with rentals operations and other vehicle suppliers to ensure a diverse and well-maintained supply of sales vehicles
- Ensure high levels of staff engagement
- Develop systems and processes to ensure that business intelligence is used to drive business growth
- Foster a culture of outstanding customer service both externally and internally to deliver annual sales targets
A full job description is available upon request
The employment background and skills we seek
We seek candidates who possess a management background in the motor industry who have operated within a retail franchise dealership environment associated with cars, light commercials, recreational vehicles, heavy commercials, or heavy equipment or recreational marine products. Ideally you will have overall experience driving and managing the commercial trading activities in both the sales and after sales departments.
Strong commercial trading acumen with a focus on gaining large returns on investment and proven management skills are a prerequisite. The skills will extend to strategic planning, superior people management, strong reporting ability including budget forecasting, analysis, and planning. You will need to be a relationship builder who also possesses the efficiencies required to lead these geographically dispersed businesses.
THL is a large corporate company and you will need to possess both the capability and desire to work within a corporate environment. There will be travel within New Zealand.
The challenge and rewards
THL is a diverse global corporate with both the size and presence to make this a career opportunity with considerable scope. Successful delivery of the company's trading objectives will reward the successful applicant with an attractive remuneration package. The role will prove far from banal and, for those with the expertise outlined, mandatory inquiry is recommended.
How to apply and closing date
If you are viewing this ad online, the best method of application is to upload your resume through the 'Apply Now' section of this ad as this guarantees the employer will view your application.
- All applications will be acknowledged upon application
- Applications must be received by the closing date which is Sunday July the 1st, 2018. To be considered for this role, applications need to be received prior to this date
- Processing of applications begins on Monday July the 2nd, 2018, when a second acknowledgement of the commencement of processing will be provided
- All applications will be forwarded to the client unless otherwise requested
For more information or a confidential discussion, you can call Russell Phillips from mobile or landline on Freephone 0800 67 57 47, or on +64 27 479 0000.
You can also request a job description from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
12 Jun 2018
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Sales >> National Sales Manager
- Executive Management >> General Manager