Service Operations Manager
- Technical service management or aftersales management background
- Automotive franchise dealership background preferred
- Trans-Tasman employer first established 1968
Job reference - 3240
RVE is a New Zealand owned family business. Their clientele include national dealerships, dealer groups, and national new vehicle distributors both here in New Zealand and in Australia.
Supplying the automotive industry sector since 1968, the company has earned a solid reputation for their devotion to exemplary quality and service. Their talented team pride themselves on leading the world in every aspect of vehicle enhancement.
RVE specialises in 'Special Edition' packages that bridge the gap between the manufacturer options and the desires of the vehicle owner.
This role reports directly to the Business Director and is based in the Penrose facility and involves managing a largely automotive technical team consisting of 24 staff. These include auto trimmers, automotive refinishers, window tinters, decal applicators, accessories fitters, and other support staff such as team leaders, quality controllers, schedulers, and despatch control.
The ongoing expansion of the company has made the appointment of a Service Operations Manager necessary. The primary purpose of the appointment is to enhance the productivity and efficiency of the service / technical teams with a view to increasing employee motivation and, ultimately, productivity, therefore freeing the Directors to continue with the company’s program of expansion.
More specific duties are detailed below:
- Daily management of 24 staff including team leaders
- Direct and control activities of all service operations personnel
- Coordination and control of all incoming and outgoing work in conjunction with the sales department, schedulers, team leaders, and clients
- Formation and analysis of average time taken per person per role for measuring efficiency
- Analysis of productivity against available hours and unapplied hours
- Personally create, from scratch, the incentive programs and Key Performance Indicators for all staff using productivity, efficiency, and unapplied hours
- Develop performance dashboards for each department as well as your division as a whole that will produce weekly, monthly, and annual reports immediately identifying performance trends over each period possible
- Accurately measure Key Performance Indicators for service staff such as productivity and efficiency, unapplied labour, and use incentives to motivate every employee under your charge to excel
- Maintain and further loyalise the client base through exceptional efficiency and superb customer service whenever dealing with dealers or distributors
- Recognise and acknowledge depth of skill in your personnel and upskill those requiring additional assistance to achieve the same
- Responsibility for employee hiring and disciplinary actions are completed in conjunction with the Directors
- To contribute to the development of all aftersales staff in their operating and administrative processes
- Responsibility for health and safety compliance for your departments
The skills sought
We are seeking an experienced Service Manager with an automotive trade background to lead this team.
You will need prior experience leading a team of technical personnel and possess the personnel management skills to lead and motivate this highly accomplished team to new heights.
- An automotive trade qualification
- Previous supervisory skills
- Proven ability to measure performance and use these measurements to motivate your staff
- Ability to develop the reports aforementioned
- Good personal presentation and communication skills
- Good people management skills
- An ability to create reports and measure performance
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite. Some experience with Dealer Management Systems (DMS) would be beneficial
Applications are open to both local, national, and offshore applicants who possess the skills outlined above.
The challenge and rewards
This Penrose, Auckland based vacancy is with an employer of choice. The work environment is professional, target driven, and awaiting a leader to take control.
The six-figure plus remuneration will prove attractive and includes all the usual benefits such as a company car.
How to apply and closing date
If you are viewing this ad online, the best method of application is to upload your resume through the 'Apply Now' section of this ad as this guarantees the employer can view your application. You can also email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications will be acknowledged upon application
- Applications must be received by the closing date which is Sunday June 24th, 2018. To be considered for this role, applications need to be received prior to this date
- Processing of applications begins on Monday June 25th, 2018, when a second acknowledgement of the commencement of processing will be provided
- All applications will be forwarded to the client unless otherwise requested
For more information or a confidential discussion, you can call Russell Phillips from mobile or landline on Freephone 0800 67 57 47, or +64 27 479 0000.
Applicants are also welcome to email email@example.com to request a job description.
8 Jun 2018
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Auckland Central
- Automotive Trades >> Service Manager
- Heavy Diesel Trades >> Service Manager