Diesel Truck Technician / Chargehand - Christchurch
- Senior Diesel Technician required
- Opportunity to become a working chargehand
- Join a progressive, growing organisation
Job reference - 3128
This is an outstanding opportunity for a senior technician who either has previous supervisory experience or is ready to take the next step and secure their first chargehand role.
You will join a nationally represented organisation and be part of a busy, growing team in the Christchurch area.
- You will work as a Senior Technician in the workshop as well as supervise a small team of more junior technicians
- The more complex diagnostic and repair tasks will be your responsibility
- Sharing this knowledge and controlling a small team of technicians will also form part of your busy role
- Although this is definitely a "hands-on", role you will also gain experience in supervisory tasks
The following qualifications, skills, and experience are required for this role:
- Trade qualified diesel technician essential
- Highly experienced within the heavy road transport sector
- Ability to complete complex diagnostic and problem solving duties
- Major repair ability on heavy road transport vehicles
- Desire to coach, mentor, and train junior staff
- Team player
Although some previous team leader experience is desirable, applicants looking for their first supervisory role are encouraged to apply.
- This is an excellent opportunity to take the next step in your career and secure a chargehand position as well as use your extensive technical ability on a daily basis
- You will be part of a large, nationally represented organisation as well as part of a closer knit Christchurch based team
- Pay rates are second to none for high end experience and skills
Local applicants looking for the next step in their career are encouraged to apply along with NZ residents who are keen to move to Christchurch, or offshore migrants looking to secure their first role in New Zealand.
How to apply
Click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online.
We are recruiting for 100+ current vacancies across the board.
For more information on this ad or our full range of vacancies, contact your industry recruitment specialists at Automotive Employment (NZ) Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: Freephone 0800 67 57 47 from landline and mobile. The International landline is +64 9 271 3200.
7 Jun 2018
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Heavy Diesel Trades >> Diesel Mechanic - Truck
- Heavy Diesel Trades >> Heavy Automotive Foreperson