- Automotive technical management background sought
- Large facility, well organised, ready for take off
- Technical automotive background with prior service management skills
Job reference - 3086
About Winger Motor Group and Winger North Shore
Established in 1932 as ‘Norman Winger and Lionel Squire’, back then we sold Dodge, Standard, and Rover. Around 1950, three additional marques joined the Winger collection; Volkswagen, Skoda, and Trekka, a NZ-built 4x4.
In the 70’s and 80’s Winger became agents for Subaru. In 1990 the Suzuki franchise was acquired. The 2000’s saw unprecedented growth and today, decades of effort have accumulated with one of New Zealand’s most significant dealership networks. The North Shore branch of Winger Motor Group is the authorised franchisee for Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Subaru, and Suzuki. They are also service agents for Fiat and Alfa Romeo.
Primarily responsible for both Service and Parts department management, this role is based in the Porana Road Service and Parts facility in Glenfield. A large, two storied complex, the facility accommodates some 21 personnel.
Responsible for this centre, your role is to return a profit to the shareholders and to ensure the smooth and efficient management of the aftersales centre.
- Achieve the agreed Service Department profitability and department objectives
- Organise, direct, and control the activities of aftersales staff
- To contribute to the development of all aftersales staff in their operating and administrative processes
- Maintain, further loyalise, and grow the client base and customer portfolio
- Develop and agree strategies, plans, and budgets to achieve agreed financial and aftersales targets, profitability, and customer / brand satisfaction
- Accurately measure Key Performance Indicators for service staff such as productivity and efficiency, unapplied labour, and use incentives to motivate every employee under your charge to excel
- Recognise and acknowledge depth of skill in your parts personnel and upskill those requiring additional assistance to achieve the same
The skills sought
We are seeking an experienced Service Manager with an automotive trade background to lead this team.
You will need prior experience leading a team of technical personnel and possess the personnel management skills to lead and motivate this highly accomplished team to new heights.
- An automotive trade qualification
- Previous supervisory skills
- The ability to measure performance and use these measurements to motivate your staff
- Good personal presentation and communication skills
- Good people management skills
- An ability to create reports and analyse performance
Applications are open to both local, national, and offshore applicants who possess the skills outlined above.
The challenge and rewards
This North Shore based vacancy is with an employer of choice. The work environment is professional, target driven, and awaiting a leader to take control.
The six-figure plus remuneration will prove attractive and includes all the usual benefits such as a company car.
Being part of a larger group, the ability to grow within the larger group is always an option and should not be ignored.
How to apply and closing date
If you are viewing this ad online, the best method of application is to upload your resume through the 'Apply Now' section of this ad as this guarantees the employer can view your application. You can also email email@example.com
- All applications will be acknowledged upon application
- Applications must be received by the closing date which is June 20th, 2018. To be considered for this role, applications need to be received prior to this date
- Processing of applications begins on June 21st, 2018, when a second acknowledgement of the commencement of processing will be provided
- All applications will be forwarded to the client unless otherwise requested
For more information or a confidential discussion, you can call Russell Phillips from mobile or landline on Freephone 0800 67 57 47, or +64 27 479 0000.
Applicants are also welcome to email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a job description.
1 Jun 2018
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Automotive Trades >> Service Manager
- Automotive Trades >> Parts Manager