Technical Specialist - Auckland
- Franchise trained technician - preferably Volkswagen
- Varied role
- Great opportunity in a well established group
Job reference - 3235
We have an awesome new role available at one of our franchise dealers and we are looking for a candidate that has the ability to wear multiple hats in a varied dealership role. This certainly is one of the more interesting roles out there and you can be assured that no day will be the same! If you are a technical specialist looking for a role where you can do more and have more variation - this role will meet your needs perfectly.
- You will be wearing 4 main hats in this role: Technician, Service Advisor, Parts Coordinator, and giving customers a fantastic dealership experience
- As technician you will be responsible for preparing sold vehicles from their arrival. This includes bringing them into stock, creating orders for PDI's etc, and then completing all work that needs to be done on the vehicle to get it ready for delivery or for the floor
- You will be speaking to workshop customers to find out what work needs to be done on their vehicles and complete the work to excellent standards
- As Service Advisor you will book in vehicles, ensure customers are kept up to date on the progress / status of their vehicles, submit warranty claims, and assist in developing the service department
- As Parts Coordinator you will ensure all and relevant parts are ordered to be available when needed and also invoiced as required
- You will be providing all customers entering the dealership with a great experience of visiting the dealership - you will not be selling, but you will be ensuring that they are greeted and made welcome at the dealership. You will have some rostered weekend work to fulfill this part of your role
Ideal candidate requirements
- Well presented, well spoken, and professional individual
- Someone looking for a challenge or a role with some variation
- Strong technical background in the VW group brand
- Excellent customer service skills and a passion for this
- Strong computer / digital skills
- Experience working on DMS systems
- You need to be motivated, positive, structured, and articulate
- A full NZ drivers licence
- A WOF / AVI ticket would count in your favour
A strong remuneration package is on offer for someone with the relevant skills and experience. A bonus structure will also be in place for achieving high customer satisfaction ratings.
How to apply
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online.
We are recruiting for 100+ current vacancies across the board.
For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: Freephone 0800 67 57 47 from landline and mobile. The International landline is +64 9 271 3200.
30 May 2018
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Automotive Trades >> Automotive Technician
- Automotive Trades >> Service Advisor