|Job title :||Workshop / Service Technician - Palmerston North|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Location :||Palmerston North|
|Job Reference :||35724|
|Contact name :||Jo-Ann Robinson|
|Job published :||22 days ago|
Job reference - 35724
- Relocation packages available
- Top rates, overtime, and staff benefits
- Nationally represented company and an accredited employer
Access 32 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job. New Zealand's leaders in motor industry recruitment since 1991.
We are looking for Diesel Mechanics and Heavy Auto Electricians with experience working on forklifts / materials handling equipment for both workshop based and field service roles. We would also consider an experienced automotive technician looking for their first role in materials handling equipment.
Palmerston North offers the sophistication and diversity of a major city, surrounded by an outdoor enthusiast's dream. Experience rafting, horse treks, and world class gardens, or hit the beach at Himatangi beach just 30 minutes away.
Other than this role in Palmerston North, there are other technician vacancies across the country with this employer for future possibilities.
You will be working for a nationally represented company with excellent working conditions. This company is an accredited employer that offers staff benefits, induction programmes, uniforms, further training, and opportunities for growth.
Management is supportive and will give you the job satisfaction you deserve.
Remuneration rates are top of the market and negotiable for the right applicant. You will also have the use of a company vehicle for field service duties.
Relocation assistance is on offer for those with the right skills and experience.
This is a full time, permanent role offering a minimum of 40 hours per week offering rates between $35 - $37 per hour.
- Field service and workshop based duties
- General servicing and maintenance to a wide variety of forklifts from small machines through to container handlers
- Diagnostics using the latest equipment
- Performing both minor and major repairs
- Attending to breakdowns out in the field
- Client liaison and clear explanation of work carried out
- Ensuring all paperwork is accurate and up to date
- Although our preference is for trade qualified diesel mechanics, we will consider auto electricians, diagnostic automotive technicians, and those with other relevant experience
- 3+ years of post qualification experience working on electric, diesel, and/or LPG forklifts/materials handling equipment is highly preferred
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Solid diagnostics experience and the ability to explain the repairs carried out to a customer
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Able to work to deadlines
- A focus on high standards customer service
How to apply
Applications from those wanting to relocate from elsewhere within NZ are welcome. If you are based offshore and wanting to move to New Zealand and meet the requirements - please APPLY NOW. We are able to assist you with your visa requirements making the process easy and seamless.
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online. For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.
You can also visit the job board on our website to view further vacancies https://www.automotiveemployment.co.nz/jobs
Jobcorp owned companies include Jobcorp NZ Ltd, Jobcorp Immigration, Automotive Employment NZ and Property Employment NZ. Our company has business interests in recruitment, the provision of immigration advice, and the provision of employment relations advice.