Job reference - 35454
- Qualified mechanic with experience on trucks and heavy equipment
- Highly competitive rates and travel allowances for time spent out of town
- Company vehicle, fuel, KiwiSaver, and subsidised medical insurance
Access 30 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job. New Zealand's leaders in motor industry recruitment since 1991.
About the company
This is a well-established company that is based both in the North and the South Islands and employs over 90 staff.
They are involved in a broad range of sectors such as construction and new infrastructure offering job stability and the advantage of flexible hours so you can avoid traffic!
The role includes scheduled services and maintenance as well as hydraulic and mechanical work on a fleet consisting of trucks, passenger cars, and a range of other equipment. You will be supervising another mechanic and ensuring that the team tends to all jobs efficiently and diligently.
With 70% field and 30% workshop based duties, this is a unique situation that will allow you to schedule your own day and as well as allow for flexible hours to avoid traffic.
Due to the amount of out of town travel involved, you will receive a travelling and meal allowance for these occasions.
- Trade qualified or well experienced diesel mechanic with experience in trucks and varied equipment
- Fleet maintenance experience would be highly advantageous
- Hydraulic experience would be preferred
- Flexible and proactive
- You must pass a drug and alcohol test
- Clear criminal record and a clean driver's license
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Able to travel for work and be reliable
The wage rate paid will be in line with skills, experience, and stability of employment - rates over $40 per hour are on offer.
For the successful applicant a phone, fuel, company vehicle, career growth as well as subsidized medical insurance and KiwiSaver are on offer as well as a travelling allowance for out of town travel.
How to apply
Applications from those wanting to relocate from elsewhere within NZ are welcome.
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online.
For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: Freephone 0800 67 57 47 from landline and mobile. The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.
You can also visit the job board on our website to view further vacancies https://www.automotiveemployment.co.nz/jobs
Automotive Employment (NZ) Limited and Property Employment (NZ) Ltd are wholly owned subsidiaries of JOBCORP (NZ) Ltd. Our company has business interests in recruitment, the provision of immigration advice, and the provision of employment relations advice.
Job has Expired