Workshop and Warehouse Assistant
|Job Title:||Workshop and Warehouse Assistant|
|Job Published:||June 18, 2020 13:01|
- Use your automotive or engineering experience
- Career progression
- Good salary on offer
Access 29 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job.
This is an excellent, entry level, permanent opportunity for someone who is enthusiastic about all things mechanical.
This is a permanent role with an international transport company that offers a wide range of products and services for the heavy transport industry.
The role will include the following duties:
- Assemble suspensions to axles and suspensions and make modifications to products in accordance with with authorised procedures
- Ensure that the workshop is run in an efficient way
- Assist with the accurate and timely recording and movement of products sold received and stored
- Ensure that the inwards goods received meet volume, product specification, and product standards
- Ensure that the outwards goods are correctly picked, packed, and dispatched
- Completion of all documentation is carried out neatly and correctly
- Stock counting, picking, and packing
- Maintain equipment
- Housekeeping and loading of delivery vehicles
- Place received goods into storage locations
- Cutting, gouging, and grinding
- Spray painting
The ideal candidate will have a truck trailer manufacturer background. Alternatively, those with a heavy transport / equipment assembly background will be considered.
Applications will not be accepted from those with general assembly experience unless they have a proven, relevant heavy transport / equipment, marine, or engineering background.
The successful applicant will have the following skills, experience, and attributes:
- Team player with great interpersonal skills
- Well presented
- Customer focused
- Good attention to detail
- Current welding license is highly advantageous
- Current full driver's license
- A Forklift Operators Certificate (OSH) is highly advantageous
This position is vacant due to the growth of the organisation and can offer long term career prospects.
You will receive additional training and develop your skill set in this position.
A good salary is on offer as well as the opportunity to be part of a friendly and productive team.
How to apply
This vacancy is only open to NZ citizens, residents, and those with Open Work Visas.
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online.
For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: Freephone 0800 67 57 47 from landline and mobile. The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's