Job reference - 35949
- Accredited employer
- State-of-the-state workshop based in Christchurch
- National trucking company with training and overtime provided
Access 32 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job. New Zealand's leaders in motor industry recruitment since 1991.
Are you an experienced and dedicated Truck Mechanic looking for an exciting opportunity to work with a reputable truck dealership in Christchurch, New Zealand. With space to grow, learn, work and play in Christchurch now is the time to consider Christchurch as a region of choice if you don't already live in Christchurch. Housing is affordable , education is top notch as well as the opportunity to grow your career - without being in the rat race.
Responsibilities within the role
- Perform regular maintenance and inspections on trucks to ensure they are in top working condition
- Diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical issues using advanced diagnostic tools and techniques
- Conduct necessary repairs efficiently and effectively, adhering to manufacturer guidelines
- Overhaul and rebuild truck engines and components when required
- Collaborate with the service team to schedule and prioritize repair jobs
- Ensure all work is completed to high-quality standards, meeting customer expectations
- Keep detailed records of all maintenance and repair work performed
- Stay up-to-date with the latest truck technologies and industry developments
Qualifications and requirements for the role
- Proven experience as a Truck Mechanic with a strong background in truck servicing and repairs
- New Zealand Diesel Mechanic Qualification or relevant automotive qualification
- In-depth knowledge of various truck systems, including engines, transmissions, and hydraulics
- Proficiency in using diagnostic equipment and software
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Brand training not a must but would be an added bonus
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record
What's in it for you?
Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications, working for a state-of-the-art workshop with all training provided to advance your career. Access to the latest tools and technology for efficient truck servicing. Supportive and collaborative work environment.
Apply now and take your career in Truck Mechanics to new heights with our esteemed dealership in Christchurch!
This is a full time, permament role offering a minimum of 40 hours per week.
Wage rates will vary depending on your skills and experience - between $34 and $42 per hour.
How to apply
Applications from those wanting to relocate from elsewhere within NZ are welcome. If you are based offshore and wanting to move to New Zealand and meet the requirements - please APPLY NOW. We are able to assist you with your visa requirements making the process easy and seamless.
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online. For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.
You can also visit the job board on our website to view further vacancies https://www.automotiveemployment.co.nz/jobs
Jobcorp owned companies include Jobcorp NZ Ltd, Jobcorp Immigration, Automotive Employment NZ and Property Employment NZ. Our company has business interests in recruitment, the provision of immigration advice, and the provision of employment relations advice.