South Island Dealer Development Manager
|Job Title:||South Island Dealer Development Manager|
|Contact Name:||Jo-Ann Robinson|
|Job Published:||July 22, 2019 16:46|
- Role is based in Christchurch
- Solid, reputable, wholly NZ owned company
- Lucrative and incentive based remuneration
About RVE – Retro Vehicle Enhancement
Since 1968 RVE have carved out a solid reputation for their devotion to exemplary quality and service. This second generation, wholly New Zealand owned business pride themselves on leading the world in vehicle enhancement.
RVE specialises in “SPECIAL EDITION” packages and accessories that bridge the gap between the car manufacturer options and the vehicle owners’ desires. “WE CREATE PASSION”.
The team of approximately 50 staff operate from Penrose, Auckland with their vehicle enhancement services marketed to national distributors and their retail dealer networks nationally in New Zealand.
The role you could secure
“WE CREATE PASSION” is the statement made by RVE. The Dealer Development Manager would need to have a passion for cars and people whilst communicating RVE’s unique market position to their existing and future clients in the automotive, heavy automotive, and allied fields of industry. As the foremost ambassador of RVE, the appointee will be responsible for increasing sales in the South Island. They will be the primary contact for new dealerships. The role is directly responsible for securing the business and business channels that drive profitability for the company in this geographical area in every main sector of the South Island.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Driving and personally securing substantial business from national network of retail dealership sales and the wheel and tyre business in the South Island
- You will personally be responsible for developing new business
- Successfully achieving conquest business and identifying new business channels
- Further development of the NZ market in the South Island
- The Dealer Development Manager is responsible for the quality of relationships and the volumes of business generated, leading and expanding business activity
- The Dealer Development Manager will need to possess strong commercial acumen and contribute strategically to plans that successfully result in an increase in business in NZ
- The Dealer Development Manager will be located in Christchurch
The duties above constitute a small portion of the overall role. RVE have made available a comprehensive job description which is available upon request.
The skills RVE are seeking to secure
A motor industry background is considered important in this role as is strong contacts with new vehicle dealer network. Your business development skills must be self-evident. Perhaps you possess skills in an allied industry we could consider also. You should be self-disciplined, motivated and have stability and be consistent.
You will need the strength of character to establish personal credibility with motor industry executives in the South Island. This is a role where you will need the confidence to forge business relationships at the very highest level of the motor industry. It is likely you have already achieved considerable success.
A significant part of this role is enhancing business relationships with existing and new clients in the South Island. Not only will you need to be capable of creating new business but you will need to be a polished relationship developer fostering superior customer relationships.
While a tertiary qualification is seen as desirable it is not essential.
Exceptionally good verbal and electronic communication skills are non-negotiable. You will also possess a reasonable standard of IT literacy and strong negotiation skills.
This role offers a lucrative remuneration and is also incentive based. Hard work will pay off in this role if the successful candidate excels in target driven environments and a positive attitude.
How to apply and closing date
If you are viewing this ad online, the best method of application is to upload your resume through the ‘Apply Now’ section of this ad. This guarantees that both the recruiter and RVE can view the progress of your application.
- All applications will be acknowledged upon application
- Applications must be received by the closing date on Sunday the 28th of July
- Processing of applications begins on Monday the 29th of July
- All applications will be forwarded to RVE unless otherwise requested
To request a job description (recommended) email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to confidentially discuss the role, contact Jo-Ann Robinson or Russell Phillips on +64 9 271 3200 or via Freephone 0800 67 57 47.