Senior Diesel Technician / Trainee Workshop Foreman
|Job Title:||Senior Diesel Technician / Trainee Workshop Foreman|
|Contact Name:||Kim Simpson|
|Job Published:||May 08, 2019 13:16|
Job reference - 73298
- Are you a senior technician wanting the next step in your career?
- Join a top company who are part of a larger group
- Excellent hourly rate and career progression on offer
We are looking for a trade qualified diesel technician with a heavy road transport background who is keen to be trained into a foreman role.
This busy company is part of a large NZ based group and work on both a fleet of vehicles as well as provide service and maintenance services to a wide range of customers. The workshop is well appointed and the team are both productive and friendly. The company are growing and need a senior technician who will be able to quickly grow into a foreman’s role.
You will be working on heavy road transport vehicles both from the group owned fleet as well as client vehicles.
Duties will include:
- Maintenance of the company fleet of heavy road transport vehicles as well as client vehicles
- Servicing of vehicles
- General maintenance and repairs
- Diagnostics and fault finding
- Minor and major repairs
- Handling the more complicated / complex repairs
As well as working on the tools you will be trained into a foreman’s role which will involve assisting the other technicians on complex jobs, overseeing their work, allocation of jobs, and customer liaison.
The progression and training plan will be discussed in full detail with applicants selected for interview.
The successful applicant will have the following skills, attributes, and experience:
- Trade qualified diesel technician
- Must have 3-4 years of experience on heavy road transport, trucks and trailers, or buses
- Class 4 drivers license required
- Excellent communication skills
- The desire to move into a foreman’s role
- Team player
- Versatile diesel mechanic happy to put their hand to any task
This is a rare opportunity to take out a senior technician role where you will be trained into a more senior position. You will be offered a top hourly rate and you will work with a great team of people.
How to apply
Click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online.
For more information contact Kim Simpson for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: Freephone 0800 67 57 47 from landline and mobile. The International landline is +64 9 271 3200.