Sales Operations Manager - Auckland
|Job Title:||Sales Operations Manager - Auckland|
|Contact Name:||Russell Phillips|
|Job Published:||January 18, 2021 10:15|
- Salaried $100,000+ role with a five-day week, company car, and potential bonuses
- A recognised employer of choice highly respected in this industry
- Ability to comprehend technical automotive, industrial, or commercial products required
About Industrial Air Systems
Industrial Air Systems NZ is part of an international group of compressed air companies positioned on continents across the globe including Australia, North America, and Europe. In New Zealand the company has facilities and representation in Auckland, Christchurch, Hawkes Bay, and the Timaru head office. The company is actively involved in supplying compressed air solutions to companies in a variety of industry sectors nationwide.
Industrial Air Systems operates on the highest ethical principles and imbibes a work culture fostering high levels of moral character and excellence.
About the role and its functions
The company is a leading specialist supplier of rotary screw compressors to the NZ industry. Central to the company’s growth is the development of new business in the Auckland, Northland, and Waikato regions.
The Sales Operations Manager could easily have been given the title of Business Development Manager, but it would not have described the level of grassroots involvement required of the role. We wish for applicants to fully appreciate the level of engagement with valued customers, staff, and the focus on building new business that needs to occur.
This all needs to be achieved forging deep, meaningful business relations based on trust. An unrivalled work ethic is what is needed here and there can be no misunderstanding the level of commitment and effort you will need to bring to the role. The remuneration is specifically designed to attract a person prepared to graft away everyday with energy and vibrancy to increase the Auckland market share.
Duties and functions of the role:
- Personally, develop and deploy a quarterly business development plan for your prime market area. Use the business development plans to prioritise which new business you have the best opportunities of securing. Also use the business plan for existing clients to further develop incremental or additional business. Work the plan and prioritise
- The Sales Operations Manager needs to be actively supporting the technical and parts operations, working in harmony with these teams, supporting where required and gaining the buy in from the team that the success of sales, technical services, and parts is interrelated. This is not to take away from the core role of selling capital product, but it does highlight the very down to earth approach of being involved in every aspect of developing new sales
- Regular and consistent personal visitations to clients building top of the mind awareness
Other duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate progress towards the achievement of the plan through completion of a weekly sales activity and objectives report
- Close monitoring of competitor activity and reporting to management weekly
- Follow up of internal (inbound) leads
- Quoting, customer visits/demonstrations, and closing of sales
- Handover meetings with projects/technicians; handover sheets with full details
- Completion of costing sheet for each larger capital quote (except small integrated compressor installs if not required)
- Obtaining customer referrals on completion of larger sales/projects and liaising with marketing over appropriate use of referral
- Grow sales from existing accounts and develop new business opportunities that lead towards the achievement of sales targets
- Assisting the auditing and analysis of customer compressed air systems, and providing solution options
- Reporting through communication and CRM channels, while being accountable to Industrial Air Systems' management
Do what you say you’re going to do
Industrial Air Systems has a reputation we wish to develop further. Gaining true respect from excellence in everything we do to support the sales, parts and service operations is critical. Try everyday to do what you say you're going to do - it's harder than you think but an absolute focus on delivery is the beginning of excellence, trust, and credibility.
The skills and experience we seek
- Ethics, high moral character, and excellence
- This is a role for an experienced business development manager, territory representative, account manager, or similar, and is a senior role. While a senior role it is very hands on in nature - seniority is not about being isolated in an office issuing orders it is about service and delivery of your personal results. You will need to be the person who forges relationships and the person who bring home the results
- You will need a proven capability in the development of new business. Prior experience selling capital products in the manufacturing or industrial sectors would be particularly advantageous, although target markets include many other sectors of industry such as automotive, engineering, dairy, and construction. A strong general technical aptitude will assist in these markets
- As a prerequisite for application, you will possess accomplished communication skills. But communication skills are not sufficient in isolation. You will need a solid work history of business development
An attractive remuneration structure reflects the employer's desire for superior representation and targets a $100,000+ salaried remuneration. Bonuses for excellence are discretionary. Impress the employer to discover the true extent of the opportunity or talk to us about the skills you can bring to the table.
A decent company car will prove an additional attraction for the role. The professionalism and credibility of this down to earth, family owned company will provide a working environment often sought by job seekers but rarely found.
How to apply and the closing date
Clicking the “APPLY NOW” section is the best way to upload your resume so both Industrial Air Systems and Automotive Employment (NZ) Ltd can view your application. Both parties have access to the specific assignment.
Please read the application process and note the dates processing begins
- First acknowledgement occurs automatically upon application
- All applications must be received by the closing date which is 8h00 on January 26th, 2021
- A second acknowledgement of the commencement of processing will be provided after the closing date
- Consultant interviewing begins January 28th
A job description can be requested by contacting Russell Phillips or Jo-Ann Robinson via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org as an alternative email.
Should you wish to confidentially discuss the role, contact Russell or Jo via freephone 0800 67 57 47. Russell can also be contacted on 027 27 479 0000 and Jo on 021 271 3201.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's