Retail Development Manager
|Job Title:||Retail Development Manager|
|Contact Name:||Russell Phillips|
|Job Published:||July 19, 2019 16:31|
- Relisted opportunity - secure your first dealer development role
- Account management, business development, or other territory backgrounds considered
- Largely 5-day week, based in Auckland with wider territory
Polaris in Australia and New Zealand is a fully owned subsidiary of a NYSE listed company. Known for an innovative company culture here in NZ the product offering is experiencing growth and popularity across the power sports, off road and on road sectors. New Zealand’s rural and urban communities see Polaris as a quality product and their representatives as a breath of fresh air.
As a recognised leader in the powersports industry worldwide, Polaris have been making machines that provide a break from the routine and a moment of freedom for over 60 years.
Polaris also brings the iconic Indian motorcycle brand to motorcycle enthusiasts as the leading manufacturer of motorcycles in the world.
Polaris invite applicants to consider developing your career with us based in the Auckland office of our global company.
The Retail Development Manager within the Polaris organisation involves stimulating activity and forging sustainable growth, encouraging sales results, developing the dealer network, and continual improvement across the specified territory.
The Retail Development Manager guides the corporate vision and values throughout the dealer network, broadening the scope and ability of the dealer network, and facilitating targeted marketing plans to both grow ongoing retail activity and add value to the long term brand value of Polaris.
Most importantly, the Retail Development Manager fosters value to the independently owned businesses of the dealers.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Under the guidance of Polaris management meet with Dealer Managers and their staff to enhance performance in each Prime Market Area
- Provide regular updates to dealers throughout each month on their progress against target and assisting with initiatives to foster growth
- Attend, and manage racing events, trade shows such as Fieldays and be involved as a member of the team setting up and engaging in these displays.
- Creation of a local area marketing plans, managing territory and marketing budgets
- Assist in the management of dealer stock
- Source and identify prospective dealer candidates and oversee the appointment of new dealers
- Create, inspire, drive, and individually communicate monthly dealer sales targets throughout the dealer network
- Be involved in regular product launch events at retail dealerships for new model releases
A more complete range of duties is detailed in the job description – please request a copy for further detail by emailing email@example.com
The Skills Sought
Polaris is known for its innovative approach and we are seeking an inspirational person to join our team. You should possess the energy to motivate the dealer network to new heights of achievement.
While a motor industry background would be helpful we are looking for the sort of person who says what they are going to do, then does exactly what they have said.
We are encouraging business development managers, representatives, territory reps, vehicles sales personnel, national distributor personnel, retail development professionals, and those with similar backgrounds to apply.
The Challenge and Reward
Joining a global brand in a retail development role will provide far more than mere employment; this will prove a dynamic role where you can fully utilise a wide range of skills, and develop your long term career.
Remuneration is attractive and includes a company car.
How to apply and the closing date
If you are viewing this ad online, the method of application is to upload your resume through the ‘Apply Now’ section of this ad. This guarantees that both the recruiter and Polaris Industries can view the progress of your application.
- All applications will be acknowledged upon application
- Applications must be received by the closing date on Wednesday the 31st of July
- Processing of applications begins on Thursday the 1st of August
- All applications will be forwarded to Polaris Industries unless otherwise requested
Should you wish to confidentially discuss the role, contact Russell Phillips on +64 9 271 3200 or via Freephone 0800 67 57 47.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's