Retail Development Manager
|Job Title:||Retail Development Manager|
|Contact Name:||Russell Phillips|
|Job Published:||June 21, 2019 13:45|
- Motor industry background advantageous, particularly with a motorcycle focus
- Remuneration is attractive and includes a company car
- East Auckland based
Polaris in Australia and New Zealand is a fully-owned subsidiary of a NYSE listed company with an annual turnover of US $5 billion, and is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of both off-road and on-road vehicles. As a recognized leader in the powersports industry worldwide, we have been making machines that provide solutions, a break from the routine and a moment of freedom for over 60 years.
Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high-quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and side x sides. Polaris also brings the iconic Indian motorcycle brand to motorcycle enthusiasts as the leading manufacturer of motorcycles in the world. Today Polaris is a strong, recognized, global brand celebrating our 64th anniversary this year. We are proud to have a long and proven track record of performance and growth.
The Retail Development Manager is a critical role within the Polaris organisation to stimulate and drive sustainable growth, sales results, dealer network development, and continual improvement across the specified territory.
A highly accountable role, the Retail Development Manager will accept full responsibility for delivering sales results on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis driving the corporate vision and values throughout the dealer network, broadening the scope and ability of the dealer network, and facilitating targeted marketing plans to both grow ongoing retail activity and add value to the long-term brand value of Polaris.
Most importantly, the Retail Development Manager will add serious value to the independently-owned businesses of the dealers and be an outstanding conduit between the dealer network and Polaris.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitate scheduled, professional, agenda-driven meetings with Dealer Principals and their staff to discuss performance and regularly reviewing each Prime Market Area (PMA)
- Provide regular updates to dealers throughout each month on their progress against target and assisting with initiatives to drive growth
- Creation of a comprehensive local area marketing plan, managing territory specific marketing budgets
- Set-up, attend, and manage events such as Field Days, racing events, and trade shows
- Assist in the management of dealer stock
- Source and identify prospective dealer candidates and oversee the appointment of new dealers
- Create, drive, and individually communicate monthly dealer sales targets throughout the dealer network
- Conduct regular launch events at key dealerships for new model releases
A more complete range of duties is detailed in the job description – please request a copy for further detail by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The Skills Sought
Applicants should firstly possess outstanding communication skills and be an inspirational leader who can motivate the dealer network to new heights of achievement.
Clearly a motor industry background will prove advantageous, particularly so with a motorcycle focus. You will possess a high level of discipline and attention to detail for dealer follow-up, management reporting, and communication. You will be the sort of person who says what they are going to do, then does exactly what they have said.
Employment backgrounds sought include the skills held by motor industry sales managers, dealer operations professionals in the distributor sector, and those possessing an in-depth knowledge of the retail motor industry and relevant sales and / or marketing processes.
The Challenge and Reward
Joining a global brand in a retail development role will provide far more than mere employment; this will prove a dynamic role where you can fully utilise a wide range of skills. And develop your long term career.
Remuneration is attractive and includes a company car.
How to apply and the closing date
If you are viewing this ad online, the best method of application is to upload your resume through the ‘Apply Now’ section of this ad. This guarantees that both the recruiter and Polaris Industries can view the progress of your application.
- All applications will be acknowledged upon application
- Applications must be received by the closing date on Sunday the 30th of June
- Processing of applications begins on Monday the 1st of July
- All applications will be forwarded to Polaris Industries unless otherwise requested
Should you wish to confidentially discuss the role, contact Russell Phillips on +64 9 271 3200 or via Freephone 0800 67 57 47.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's