|Job Title:||Operations Manager|
|Job Published:||November 13, 2019 16:31|
Job reference - 229497
- A vibrant, bright, fresh, team focused culture
- You could be in HR, project roles, complex admin, or already in a similar role
- Competitive remuneration and benefits - a special company to be part of
About the employer
Known for its vibrant, bright, fresh thinking, team focused culture, The Rent Shop has entered a proactive national growth strategy. The Rent Shop now has multiple locations in Auckland, New Plymouth, Nelson, and Dunedin and will soon continue its expansion in other main cities around New Zealand. This growth strategy continues cementing The Rent Shop’s reputation as the most innovative and energised property management company in the industry. This position is located in the Manukau, Auckland head office.
Born from the desire to deliver a progressive approach to the property market, The Rent Shop has become a powerful brand, growing wealth, protecting investments, and a partner in property management trading second to none. Reputation is everything at The Rent Shop and the track record is exemplary.
This company is set to become the leading supplier of property management services in New Zealand.
Due to the internal promotion of the incumbent Operations Manager brought about by the aforementioned national growth, The Rent Shop now seeks to fill the enticing role of Operations Manager. The Operations Manager reports to the COO and has relationships with the Project Administrator, Receptionist, Trust Account Manager, and Credit Controllers. The diverse duties of the role will find you at the leading edge of operational duties and managing projects.
There are three pivotal duties that contribute to the role’s success:
- Effective operations, systems, and administrative support for The Rent Shop Head Office
- Providing effective operations support for franchisees and branch operations
- Team development, growth and training
The appointee will be pivotal in delivering the company’s vision of continuing sustainable business activities.
The Rent Shop is known for its’ service, integrity and customer focus.
The role assists with ongoing new acquisitions and administrative support and is at the centre of all administration and operational processes. The Operations Manager oversees organisational effectiveness and excellence in aligning all processes, procedures, and administration functions ensuring consistent standards are adhered to across the group.
- Involved in new projects including implementation and design
- Working with the COO, the position leads the development and implementation of organisational strategies, policies, and practices
- The Operations Manager is responsible for the standardisation of all systems
- Improve the operational systems, processes, and policies
- Manage and increase effectiveness and efficiency of support services (HR, IT, and finance)
- Supervise, manage, and coach staff
- Drive initiatives in the operations team that contributes to long term operational excellence
- In collaboration with the COO, build a standardised structure for all franchise operations, test all processes and standardised structures
- Assisting the COO in all aspects of HR management including recruitment
- Back up support to Trust Account Manager
- IT support - overseeing internal software systems and purchasing new IT products / systems alongside the COO
- Serve as a liaison to legal counsel in addressing legal issues e.g. copyright, anti-trust, governing instruments, partnerships, licensing, staff eetc.
- Oversee various legislative requirements including privacy, Residential Tenancies Act, General Data Protection (GDPR), Human Rights, Health and Safety, Employment Relations Act, and other relevant legislation in conjunction with the COO
A full job description is available on request.
The skills, attributes, and qualifications that are ideal
This highly diverse and interesting role will require a person who is superbly efficient - you will need to be bright and capable of taking on multiple projects simultaneously.
Most likely you will hold a degree level qualification and possess high levels of IT literacy including Microsoft Office Suite. We operate a Palace CRM but general competency in CRM systems or similar technology is fine.
You will need to be a quick learner.
We are open to a range of backgrounds for this role but it is a prerequisite that you fit with the employer’s company culture. Decency, quick thinking, and a high capability for dealing with complex tasks are essential, as are advanced communication skills. You could be in HR or in an administrative role knowing you are capable of much more and looking for your next step. You could already be in project management, be an EA, para or legal assistant, or already be in a similar operations management role.
Of course it would be an advantage if you have already had exposure to the property management sector but this is not essential. You will likely recognise a superior ability to quickly deal with highly complex issues across a broad range of duties will suit this role.
The challenge and rewards
While it is true this role provides competitive remuneration and numerous benefits, perhaps the single most enticing aspect of the role will prove to be the company you get to become part of. The Rent shop is a truly people focused company embracing values that are rarely found. The successful applicant will become part of a highly competent team that you can be proud to work with.
You will feel valued and included and able to add to the success of the strategic operations. The almost unprecedented growth of this multinational operation is a direct reflection of the people employed with The Rent Shop business; we invite you to apply to become part of this very special team.
How to apply and the closing date
If you are viewing this ad online, the best method of application is to upload your resume through the ‘Apply Now’ section of this ad. This guarantees that both the recruiter and The Rent Shop can view the progress of your application.
- All applications received will be acknowledged upon application
- Applications must be received by the closing date which is Sunday the 17th of November, 2019 to be considered for this role
- Processing of applications begins on Monday the 18th of November, 2019
- All applications will be forwarded to The Rent Shop for review unless otherwise requested
Should you wish to confidentially discuss the role, contact Russell Phillips on +64 9 271 3200 or via Freephone 0800 67 57 47.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's