Job reference - 36081
- Based at the Suzuki New Zealand Ltd corporate head office in Whanganui
- Rare national distributor technical role at one of the most progressive automotive brands globally
- Monday to Friday role, generous income and additional benefits on offer
About the employer
Suzuki is one of the world's most successful automotive brands, enjoying a reputation as an innovative leader in compact car, motorcycle, marine, and 4WD technology.
The Suzuki brand symbolises outstanding quality and value for its millions of customers throughout the world.
Three top-class dealer networks operate across the country, one for cars, one for motorcycles, and one for marine.
Suzuki NZ Ltd is the National distributor for Suzuki Motor Corporation Japan, and the New Zealand head office is based in Whanganui.
The company provides sales and after sales support for the national network.
There are 110 Suzuki dealerships representing the product range as well as Suzuki NZ Ltd functioning as New Zealand distributor.
Overview of the role
Providing dealer training and technical support to the wider dealer network, reporting to Suzuki NZ as well as Suzuki Motor Corporation, while focusing on improving on customer support and customer retention.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide Dealer Technical support to the dealer network and Suzuki NZ in the office or in the field.
- Providing email and phone assistance to retail customers where required
- There is a content of national travel with regular visits to the Suzuki dealer network
- Reporting to management, both in NZ and Suzuki Motor Corporation
- Focus on customer retention improvement
- Occasional hands-on mechanical work
- Assisting with Dealer Training
Key attributes for this role include:
- Good technical capability or qualification within the automotive trades
- Good IT skills, (general computer, diagnostic software & Smartphone connectivity)
- Excellent communication skills (able to listen and ask the right questions)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Customer service focus
- A qualification in any branch of automotive engineering would be an advantage
A full job description is available upon request
The skills and abilities sought
We are looking for someone who wants to take the next step in the automotive industry and can learn and grow with this challenging role. Results focus and commitment to the goals of the wider organisation are critical for the success of this position.
The challenge and rewards
Reflecting the calibre role, an attractive income in line with industry standards is payable.
A company car and additional benefits such as health insurance are provided to the right candidate.
Suzuki NZ enjoy low staff turnover and enjoyable working conditions.
Suzuki NZ application process and closing date
The closing date is Monday the 11th of December, 2023. Applications will be acknowledged at the time of application and again after the closing date.
Click the 'apply now' section of the job ad and upload your resume.
Automotive Employment NZ are the authorised recruitment partner for this assignment. It is important for you to upload your application through the 'apply now' section. This ensures Suzuki New Zealand will have access to your application through the application engagement portal after the closing date.
A job description can be obtained by emailing our Recruitment Manager, Keith Naude at
For more information you can call freephone 0800 67 57 47, or Keith on 021 271 3202.
Job has Expired