Light Vehicle Mechanic
|Job Title:||Light Vehicle Mechanic|
|Job Published:||September 02, 2020 11:32|
- Busy aftermarket workshop in Auckland
- Both petrol and heavy diesel experience preferred
- Top wage rates and benefits on offer
Access 29 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job.
Seeking a qualified and/or experienced automotive technician with solid mechanical and diagnostics skills to join this busy workshop immediately.
The company and the role
Our client is seeking a qualified and/or experienced automotive technician with solid mechanical and diagnostics skills to join this busy workshop immediately.
They have a fantastic company culture and work on a variety of both vehicles including passenger vehicles, light commercial, and heavy diesel vehicles.
Although you would be assisting with services, repairs, and mechanical work on the light passenger and light commercial vehicles, it would be highly advantageous if you had prior experience working on heavy road transport/trucks.
- You will be servicing and carrying out mechanical repairs to the highest of standards
- Fault finding and diagnostic work
- Suspension work and brake repairs
- Electrical work
- Fleet maintenance
- Engine repairs
What is required from you
- At least 3 years of prior, relevant experience in an aftermarket workshop is required
- Solid diagnostics ability
- Good English communication skills
- Team player
- Pride in your work
- High attention to detail
- WOF license would be an added bonus but is not essential
- Rates will depend on the level of expertise held by the applicant, but top wage rates and benefits are on offer
- The working conditions are great with an owner that values his staff
- Opportunity to work with the latest equipment
- Variety of work on and offsite
How to apply
Unfortunately, due to border closures, we cannot accept applications from offshore migrants at present.
This vacancy is therefore only open to NZ citizens, residents, and those with Open Work Visas.
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online.
For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: Freephone 0800 67 57 47 from landline and mobile. The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.