Heavy Parts Interpreter
|Job Title:||Heavy Parts Interpreter|
|Job Published:||November 05, 2020 10:45|
- A rare opportunity to train into heavy transport if you are not already
- Opportunity to join a specialist heavy parts organisation
- Excellent package and career prospects for the successful applicant
Access 29 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job.
About the company
Our client is looking for either a heavy or light parts specialist to join a company that supplies the heavy automotive sector in New Zealand.
This is a global company offering an abundance of opportunities and a rare chance to make the transition from a light automotive background to heavy transport.
This role is split into 2 key areas: spare parts and logistics / planning. In this position you will be in regular contact with clients ensuring excellent service, product knowledge, and product supply.
The duties for this position include:
Logistics / Planning (20% of the role)
- Managing the client order process from order confirmation through to completion of the order
- Oversee production orders and build programmes as required
- Ensuring orders match quotes and technical specifications
- Check stock availability for work in progress
- Manage the back-order process
- All relevant invoice and administration paperwork
- Picking and packing stock in conjunction with the warehouse
- Stock take and stock control
Spare Parts (80% of the role)
- Attending to counter sales
- Be able to read parts catalogues
- Handling all email and phone orders
- Maintenance of effective parts library
- Following pricing guidelines
- All other parts duties
The ideal applicant will have the following skills, experience, and attributes:
- Above all, the successful candidate should have the right attitude and personality to fit into the already successful team
- Experience in the heavy road transport truck and trailer industry is preferred however we will consider candidates with a light automotive background
- Strong planning and logistics capability
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Good computer literacy
- Sales and product focused
- A flexible proactive worker
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Must pass a drug and alcohol test
- Have no criminal record
- This role will enable the successful applicant to join a busy and productive team in the East Auckland area
- The salary is highly negotiable dependent on previous experience and level of skills
- Career potential is excellent as the role is planned to develop further
- An excellent opportunity to secure an interesting and varied role
How to apply
This vacancy is only open to NZ citizens, residents, and those with Open Work Visas.
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online.
For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion.
Phone during NZ business hours: Freephone 0800 67 57 47 from landline and mobile. The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's