|Job Title:||Fleet Mechanic|
|Job Published:||December 16, 2020 12:01|
- Travelling allowance for time spent out of town
- Job stability and opportunities to travel
- Company vehicle, fuel, KiwiSaver, and medical insurance
Access 29 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job.
About the company
This is a well-established company that is based both in the North and the South Islands and employs 90 staff.
They are involved in a broad range of sectors offering job stability and the advantage of having flexible hours to avoid traffic.
- Trade qualified or well experienced diesel mechanic with at least 5 years’ experience in the field
- Hydraulic experience would be preferred
- Someone that is a flexible and proactive worker
- Must pass a drug and alcohol test
- Have no criminal record and have a clean driver’s license
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Be able to travel for work
The role includes scheduled services and maintenance, as well as hydraulic and mechanical work on a fleet consisting of trucks, vehicles, and a range of other equipment.
With 70% field work and 30% workshop based work, this is a unique situation that will allow you to work at your own pace and allow for flexible hours to avoid traffic.
Due to the amount of out of town travel involved, which could be up to 50% of the year, you will receive a travelling allowance.
The wage rate paid will be in line with skills, experience, and stability of employment.
For the successful applicant a phone, fuel, company vehicle, as well as medical insurance and KiwiSaver are on offer as well as a travelling allowance for time spent out of town.
How to apply
Unfortunately, due to border closures, we cannot accept applications from offshore migrants at present.
This vacancy is therefore only open to NZ citizens, residents, and those with Open Work Visas.
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online.
For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: Freephone 0800 67 57 47 from landline and mobile. The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.