Job reference - 35195
- A heavy diesel service supervisory background is essential
- Leading truck retailer that is wholly NZ owned
- Six figure + income
Access 30 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job. New Zealand's leaders in motor industry recruitment since 1991.
About the company
As one of New Zealand's more established heavy transport companies, growth has necessitated the appointment of a Heavy Diesel Service Manager to manage two busy workshops located in Hamilton.
The company is seeking a skilled and experienced Service Manager to grow their truck service operation which is aligned to one of the leading truck brands in NZ. The company is both the importer and distributor of light, medium, and heavy commercial vehicles.
The role involves full responsibility for the following:
- Ensuring service sales targets are met
- Managing the KPIs for technicians and motivating staff
- Managing unapplied hours and utilisation
- Lead and manage customer service initiatives
- Build and maintain workshop business and business relationships
- Supervise all service staff, Warranty Advisors, Workshop Controller, and Foremen
- Budgeting and reporting
- Health and Safety compliance
- Measure productivity and efficiency, control unapplied hours, and introduce other KPIs
A more detailed job description will be discussed at interview stage.
The person sought
- A heavy diesel supervisory/service management background in heavy equipment or heavy commercial vehicles is sought
- While it would be preferable to secure the skills of an experienced Service Manager, consideration will be given to Assistant Service Managers and those with similar backgrounds
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- You will understand how to measure productivity and efficiency, control unapplied hours, and introduce other KPIs
- Knowledge of computerised Dealer Management Systems
- Ability to further develop the after sales business
Remuneration is by way of a generous base salary, incentives, and a company vehicle.
This is an opportunity to join an organisation that offers a supportive work environment, with the potential in the wider company for further career growth in the future.
How to apply
Applications from those based locally and those wishing to relocate from elsewhere within NZ are welcome.
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online.
For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.
You can also email or visit our website at automotiveemployment.co.nz