Job reference - 35997
- Well established nationally represented truck dealership and accredited employer
- Seeking skilled qualified diesel technicians or heavy auto electricians
- Competitive rates, performance-based bonuses, and a range of benefits that reflect a commitment to your well-being
Access 32 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job. New Zealand's leaders in motor industry recruitment since 1991.
Are you a skilled Diesel Mechanic or Auto Electrician looking to rev up your career? Look no further - this dealership is on the lookout for dedicated and passionate professionals like you to join their dynamic team.
Join their high achieving team and be a part of a culture that celebrates innovation, quality workmanship, and excellence.
- You will be working for a nationally represented company with excellent working conditions. This company is an accredited employer that offers staff benefits, further training, and opportunities for growth.
- The state-of-the-art facility is equipped with the latest diagnostic tools and equipment, allowing you to showcase your skills and work on a wide range of truck models
- Regular training and development opportunities are on offer to ensure you stay updated with the latest industry trends and advancements
- Management is supportive and will give you the job satisfaction you deserve
- Remuneration rates are top of the market ($35 to $43 per hour for top skills) and negotiable for the right applicant. You will also have the use of a company vehicle for field service duties
- This is a permanent, full-time role offering a work week of at least 40 hours
- Field service and workshop-based duties
- Perform maintenance, electrical and repair work to a wide variety of trucks
- Diagnostics using technical manuals, computer-based systems, and specialized tools for precise repairs
- Conduct comprehensive checks to ensure adherence to safety and quality standards
- Attending to breakdowns out in the field
- Provide exceptional customer service, addressing client concerns and explaining repairs
- Maintain accurate records of service, repairs, parts used and labour hours
- Our preference is for trade qualified diesel mechanics and heavy auto electricians
- Post-qualification experience working as a heavy auto electric or diesel mechanic working on heavy road transport/trucks is required
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Solid diagnostics experience
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Able to work to deadlines
- A focus on top customer service
If you're an enthusiastic problem solver with an affinity for diesel engines or auto-electric systems, we invite you to step up and continue progressing your career with this employer while helping to steer the industry towards an even brighter future.
How to apply
Applications from those wanting to relocate from elsewhere within NZ are welcome. If you are based offshore and wanting to move to New Zealand and meet the requirements - please APPLY NOW. We are able to assist you with your visa requirements making the process easy and seamless.
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online. For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.
You can also visit the job board on our website to view further vacancies https://www.automotiveemployment.co.nz/jobs
Jobcorp owned companies include Jobcorp NZ Ltd, Jobcorp Immigration, Automotive Employment NZ and Property Employment NZ. Our company has business interests in recruitment, the provision of immigration advice, and the provision of employment relations advice.