|Job title :||GPS Tracking and Equipment Installer|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Location :||Napier, Hastings|
|Job Reference :||35353|
|Contact name :||Jo-Ann Robinson|
|Job published :||about 1 hour ago|
Job reference - 35353
- Top rates with the benefit of living in the beautiful wine country
- Diverse range of equipment including installations and repairs
- Solid auto electrical skills needed
Access 30 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job. New Zealand's leaders in motor industry recruitment since 1991.
About the employer
Based in Napier, this company is a representative of leading brands across Hawkes Bay. They are a long-established company with a sound representation.
You will be completing the following duties:
- Installing, testing, troubleshooting, and maintenance of communications systems such as microwave, VHF and UHF radio systems, telemetry,navigation/GPS tracking systems, and satellite, all in heavy commercial vehicles, light commercial vehicles, cars, vans, farm machinery, and other equipment.
- Installing car kits, car audio's and cellphone signal boosters.
- Installing repeater stations and satellite base transceivers.
- Service repairs of aerials, satellites, connectors and radio base transceivers
- Assisting the team where neccessary where assisting customers
- The installations will be required to pair with other modern electronics such as paging and despatch systems as well as modern vehicle systems.
- There will be other duties that widely involve other equipment such as 2-way radios and forestry VHF safety and communication systems.
- Other than installation work, you will also be taking technical sales enquiries and performing occasional repairs.
This is a smaller company where everybody pitches in to get things done.
The skills we are seeking
If you are an automotive electrician or have previously installed GPS tracking systems, you are in the right place joining a company with a fun company culture that treat their staff like family.
Applicants who have already been involved in equipment installations into modern vehicles and are familiar with Canbus systems and pairing other bluetooth equipment or installing other fixed accessories into late model vehicles are also of interest.
The rewards and challenge
This will prove to be a well-paid role. The role itself will prove interesting and diverse but you will need to be flexible in terms of duties you undertake. Allowances are paid in addition to salary for any overnight travels as well as a company vehicle for such duties.
In small to medium sized companies such as this everyone works as a team and you will find yourself involved in other duties that you may not have been involved in before, such as sales.
This said, most of the work is focused on technical installations.
How to apply
Applications from those wanting to relocate from elsewhere within NZ are welcome.
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online. For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.
You can also visit the job board on our website to view further vacancies https://www.automotiveemployment.co.nz/jobs
Automotive Employment (NZ) Limited and Property Employment (NZ) Ltd are wholly owned subsidiaries of JOBCORP (NZ) Ltd. Our company has business interests in recruitment, the provision of immigration advice, and the provision of employment relations advice.