Job reference - 35021
- Trade qualified diesel technician
- Prior experience working on forklifts / material handling equipment (electric, diesel, or LPG)
- Join a nationally represented company that is accredited
Access 29 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job.
We have excellent opportunities for experienced, trade qualified forklift / materials handling technicians in the Waikato region.
Join a first class workshop based in Hamilton which is part of a nationally represented organisation who are market leaders in their industry.
- General servicing and maintenance to a wide variety of forklifts from small machines through to container handlers
- Diagnostic work using the latest diagnostic equipment
- Field service
- Minor and major repairs
- Attending to breakdowns and call outs
- Ensuring all paperwork is accurate and up to date
- Client liaison
Skills we seek
- Trade qualified mechanic
- Proven relevant post-apprenticeship experience working on electric, diesel, and / or LPG forklifts / materials handling equipment
- Good diagnostic skills
- Ability to complete major repairs
- Experience on construction equipment would be an advantage but not essential
- Ability to work on a variety of equipment largely unsupervised
- Focused on providing the highest possible levels of customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Efficient and accurate worker
- Team player
- A highly attractive salary package is on offer for successful candidates
- Since the role involves field service repairs, a tool of trade company vehicle is provided for.
- You will work in a friendly, productive team environment with excellent working conditions for a nationally represented organisation
- Medical and health insurance benefits
Unfortunately due to border closures, we cannot accept applications from offshore migrants at present. This vacancy is therefore only open to citizens, residents, those with Open Work Visas and those in NZ with Work Visas that can be transferred to a new employer. If you are located outside NZ and do not already have the right to work here, we are unable to assist during COVID-19 for the foreseeable future.
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online.
For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: Freephone 0800 67 57 47 from landline and mobile. The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.
Automotive Employment (NZ) Limited and Property Employment (NZ) Ltd are wholly owned subsidiaries of JOBCORP (NZ) Ltd. Our company has business interests in recruitment, the provision of immigration advice, and the provision of employment relations advice.