Job reference - 35151
- Trade qualified diesel technician with experience on materials handling equipment
- Top rates, overtime, and staff benefits
- Nationally represented company and an accredited employer
We are looking for Diesel Mechanics and Heavy Auto Electricians with experience working on forklifts / materials handling equipment to take up these vacancies in Christchurch. Christchurch offers picturesque views and a great outdoor experience for families or the keen adventurer.
- Field service and workshop based duties
- General servicing and maintenance to a wide variety of forklifts from small machines through to container handlers
- Diagnostics using the latest equipment
- Performing both minor and major repairs
- Attending to breakdowns out in the field
- Client liaison and clear explanation of work carried out
- Ensuring all paperwork is accurate and up to date
- Although our preference is trade qualified diesel mechanics, we will consider auto electricians, diagnostic automotive technicians, and those with other relevant experience
- 3+ years of post qualification experience working on electric, diesel, and/or LPG forklifts/materials handling equipment is highly advantageous
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Solid diagnostics experience
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Able to work to deadlines
- A focus on top customer service
You will be working for a nationally represented company with excellent working conditions. This company is an accredited employer that offers staff benefits, further training, and opportunities for growth.
Management is supportive and will give you the true job satisfaction you deserve.
Remuneration rates are top of the market and negotiable for the right applicant. You will also have the use of a company vehicle for field service duties.
How to apply
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online.
For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: Freephone 0800 67 57 47 from landline and mobile. The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.
Automotive Employment (NZ) Limited and Property Employment (NZ) Ltd are wholly owned subsidiaries of JOBCORP (NZ) Ltd. Our company has business interests in recruitment, the provision of immigration advice, and the provision of employment relations advice.