|Job title :||Foreman/Service Advisor - Farm Machinery/Construction Equipment|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Job Reference :||35570|
|Contact name :||Russell Phillips|
|Job published :||27 days ago|
Job reference - 35570
- South Auckland vacancy with a leading farm machinery company
- Top rates and conditions
- Technical construction equipment, farm machinery, or similar background required
Access 30 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job. New Zealand's leaders in motor industry recruitment since 1991.
About the employer
As one of the larger farm machinery dealers in South Auckland, this company this company sells a range of equipment including construction equipment, tractors, turf, and foraging equipment along with a full range of agricultural and farm equipment.
The facility is top class as is the management and dealer systems.
The role combines both operating as a frontline interfacing Service Advisor as well as a Technical Foreperson with approximately 25% of the role being productive technical diagnostic work.
It is likely the successful applicant will have a technical background in the construction equipment, forestry, or farm machinery sector where the combination of diesel engine and hydraulics experience combine.
The successful applicant could either already possess supervisory skills or be confident in their ability to step up.
Summary: This is a technical supervisory role with a content of productive hands-on work and active involvement as a Service Advisor. You will work closely with the Service Manager and technical team and customers directly.
New Zealand Level 4 National Certificate in Automotive Engineering (Heavy Diesel) or offshore equivalent trade certificate (Diesel Mechanic)
Basic job description
- Leadership skills (this could also be a step-up role but will require the ability to lead others)
- A technical heavy equipment background as outlined and capability to diagnose technical faults
- Strong customer interfacing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good basic IT skills
- Duties include those of a Service Advisor as well as Foreperson
- Liaison with customers both face to face and in person
- Management of technicians and assisting technicians with diagnostic work
- The role includes approximately 25% hands on proactive technical duties
- Strong organisational skills
- Remuneration between $38 to $45 per hour is payable
- A company vehicle is provided
- Further opportunities for career growth are also evident
- The role has a minimum 40 hour working week and is full time, permanent
- The role is based in the South Auckland region
How to apply
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online.
For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: Freephone 0800 67 57 47 from landline and mobile. The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.
You can also visit the job board on our website to view further vacancies https://www.automotiveemployment.co.nz/jobs
Automotive Employment (NZ) Limited and Property Employment (NZ) Ltd are wholly owned subsidiaries of JOBCORP (NZ) Ltd. Our company has business interests in recruitment, the provision of immigration advice, and the provision of employment relations advice.