Job reference - 36143
- Qualified and experienced technician required - preferably with supervisory experience
- Mainly a Monday to Friday role
- 100% Kiwi owned, nationwide company
Access 32 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job. New Zealand's leaders in motor industry recruitment since 1991.
About the employer and the role
Based in Christchurch, the business is a 100% Kiwi owned and is looking to employ a senior/experienced technician to assist in running their small workshop while still performing on tools duties.
Overall, your role as a Head Mechanic will be to ensure the smooth operation of the workshop, optimise efficiency, and maintain a high level of service quality in repairs and servicing on a range of vehicles.
Due to the nature of the role, you will also assist with training and supporting the technical team alongside senior management.
Requirements of the role
- Relevant automotive technician trade qualification
- You must be an experienced Automotive Technician and have worked on a range of vehicle brands, preferably in an aftermarket environment - if you have experience on LCVs and LDVs, this would also be beneficial
- It would be highly preferred if you have prior experience in running a workshop and leading a team of technicians
- As you will be dealing with customers, your English communication skills, both written and verbal, need to be top notch
- You must be able to work well in a team and support those who report to you
- High attention to detail and high standards of workmanship
- Able to work under pressure
- Fault finding and diagnostic skills
- It would be a bonus if you hold a current WOF certificate
- Current, clean driver's license
- The wage rate will depend on your skill and experience and will range between $33 and $37 per hour
- Supportive management
- An opportunity to assist in running a workshop
- This is a full time, permanent role offering a minimum of 40 hours per week
- Monday to Friday role with occasional Saturday work during busy periods
How to apply
Applications from those wanting to relocate from elsewhere within NZ are welcome. If you are based offshore and wanting to move to New Zealand and meet the requirements - please APPLY NOW. We are able to assist you with your visa requirements making the process easy and seamless.
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online. For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.
You can also visit the job board on our website to view further vacancies https://www.automotiveemployment.co.nz/jobs
Jobcorp owned companies include Jobcorp NZ Ltd, Jobcorp Immigration, Automotive Employment NZ and Property Employment NZ. Our company has business interests in recruitment, the provision of immigration advice, and the provision of employment relations advice.