Diesel Truck Mechanic
|Job Title:||Diesel Truck Mechanic|
|Job Published:||June 17, 2020 08:45|
- Long term career opportunities
- Kiwi owned and operated business
- Competitive wage rates
Access 29 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job.
Work for a professional New Zealand business in a West Auckland location that will involve welding / fabrication.
- Trade qualification as a Diesel Mechanic
- Valid NZ driver’s licence - Class 2, 4, and 5
- Prior, proven welding experience is essential
- Experience with truck fleets including experience with Scania, Mitsubishi, Hino, and Mercedes brands
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude
You will be working with a large mixed fleet of light and heavy transport gear with hydro and sucker trucks.
Duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Engine rebuilding
- Road tests
- Emission control repair, replacement and testing
- Using diagnostic equipment
- Perform arc, gas, NIG, or TIG welding repairs
- Diagnostics of and repairs to all vehicle systems and components including engine ignition systems, brakes, hydraulics, steering, belts and timing, and electrical systems
A competitive salary is on offer as well as career progression opportunities at this stable New Zealand owned and operated business.
How to apply
Unfortunately, due to border closures, we cannot accept applications from offshore migrants at present.
This vacancy is therefore only open to NZ citizens, residents, and those with Open Work Visas.
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online.
For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: Freephone 0800 67 57 47 from landline and mobile. The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's