Job reference - 35647
- International company employing over 500 staff
- Gain the opportunity to learn new skills and work on varied gear
- Competitive hourly rate with flexible hours
Access 32 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job. New Zealand's leaders in motor industry recruitment since 1991.
Work for a professional business as a Diesel Truck Mechanic in a West Auckland location that will involve inspecting and repairing company vehicles, trucks, drainage equipment, and machinery.
The company offers an inclusive and supportive working environment that truly value their staff's wellbeing and hard work.
A competitive salary is on offer as well as the opportunity to learn new skills to further improve your career and skill level.
No day will be the same and flexible hours are available for the right applicant.
The role is a full time role offering at least 50 hours per week - overtime is also on offer.
Wage rates will vary between $35 and $40+ per hour for those with the right skills and experience that match the role requirements.
- Relevant automotive trade qualification as a Diesel Mechanic/Heavy Vehicle Mechanic
- Experience working on trucks
- Valid NZ driver's licence - Class 2, 4, and 5 would be preferable but not essential
- Experience with truck fleets including experience with Scania, Mitsubishi, Hino, and Mercedes brands
- Positive 'can-do' attitude
- Work well in a team environment
- Strong diagnostic skills
You will be working on a large mixed fleet of light and heavy transport gear with hydro and sucker trucks.
Duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Engine rebuilding
- Road tests
- Emission control repair, replacement, and testing
- Using diagnostic equipment
- Carrying out preventative maintenance work
- Perform arc, gas, NIG, or TIG welding repairs
- Diagnostics of and repairs to all vehicle systems and components including engine ignition systems, brakes, hydraulics, steering, belts and timing, and electrical systems
How to apply
Applications from those wanting to relocate from elsewhere within NZ are welcome. If you are based offshore and wanting to move to New Zealand and meet the requirements - please APPLY NOW. We are able to assist you with your visa requirements making the process easy and seamless.
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online. For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.
You can also visit the job board on our website to view further vacancies https://www.automotiveemployment.co.nz/jobs
Jobcorp owned companies include Jobcorp NZ Ltd, Jobcorp Immigration, Automotive Employment NZ and Property Employment NZ. Our company has business interests in recruitment, the provision of immigration advice, and the provision of employment relations advice.