Diesel Mechanic - Heavy Road Transport
|Job Title:||Diesel Mechanic - Heavy Road Transport|
|Contact Name:||Kim Simpson|
|Job Published:||May 02, 2019 15:45|
- Based in Greymouth area
- Excellent hourly rate
- Lots of opportunity for overtime
We are looking for a trade qualified technician to join a transport company in the Greymouth area.
This busy transport company owns a large fleet of heavy road transport vehicles and run their own workshop for maintenance service and repairs.
You will be working on a large fleet of approximately 50 trucks including Kenworth, International, DAF, and Hino.
Duties will include:
- Maintenance of the company fleet used for logging, freight, and bulk haulage
- Servicing of vehicles
- General maintenance and repairs
- Diagnostics using Cummins and DAF diagnostic tools
- Minor and major repairs
- Welding and fabrication where required
There is a lot of opportunity for overtime and earning extra money for a versatile diesel mechanic.
The successful applicant will have the following skills, attributes, and experience:
- Trade qualified diesel technician
- Must have 3-4 years of experience on heavy road transport, trucks, and trailers
- Fleet maintenance experience preferred
- Happy to settle in a rural area of New Zealand
- Team player
- Versatile diesel mechanic happy to put their hand to any task
You will be offered a top hourly rate and have lots of opportunity for extra hours which means extra money. Applications are welcome from local applicants, those keen to move to Greymouth, as well as offshore migrants keen to live in rural New Zealand.
How to apply
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online.
We are recruiting for 100+ current vacancies across the board.
For more information contact Kim Simpson for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: Freephone 0800 67 57 47 from landline and mobile. The International landline is +64 9 271 3200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's