Job reference - 35326
- Proven experience as a Diesel Mechanic working on heavy vehicles is essential
- Market related wage rates, further training, overtime, and other benefits on offer
- Solid hydraulics, diagnostic and all-round repair skills on heavy trucks/cranes required
Access 30 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job. New Zealand's leaders in motor industry recruitment since 1991.
The company and the role
New Zealand has few manufacturers of motor industry products but this is an employer who breaks this trend. Of all vehicle manufacturing positions, this company stands unique amongst all others in NZ.
Continued growth of this global and well established organisation has led to the requirement of additional Technicians for their Hamilton location.
The role involves the full scale of service, repair, and maintenance activities across an arrangement of mobile and truck mounted crane products. Repairs, both general and warranty, pair with preventative maintenance programs, as does routine servicing.
Skills and experience sought
You will need to be capable of confidently diagnosing faults specific to mobile cranes and other lifting equipment so electro hydraulics skills are highly preferred.
Obviously general servicing and repair skills and experience on heavy vehicles/equipment should be held by all applicants.
Further requirements include:
- NZ Heavy Diesel Trade certificate/overseas equivalent
- Prior service, repair, and diagnostics experience on heavy and other relevant vehicles/equipment
- A solid work ethic and the ability to thrive in a busy role
- Flexibility for late shifts as well as weekend and callout work
- A current, valid licence as well as the ability to pass drug screening tests
You will be joining a leading employer in this sector with the opportunity to work on a variety of vehicles as well as access to the latest equipment and resources.
Market related rates, overtime, other benefits, and further training are also on offer, as is a fun work culture.
How to apply
Applications are welcome from local applicants already residing in Hamilton, as well as those keen to relocate to Hamilton from elsewhere in NZ.
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online.
For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: Freephone 0800 67 57 47 from landline and mobile. The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.
You can also visit the job board on our website to view further vacancies https://www.automotiveemployment.co.nz/jobs
Automotive Employment (NZ) Limited and Property Employment (NZ) Ltd are wholly owned subsidiaries of JOBCORP (NZ) Ltd. Our company has business interests in recruitment, the provision of immigration advice, and the provision of employment relations advice.