Dealership Branch Manager
|Job Title:||Dealership Branch Manager|
|Job Published:||November 06, 2020 11:45|
- Strong sales management or related skills required
- Six figure income
- Enviable lifestyle location
Ultimate Motor Group is the authorised franchise representative for Ford and Mazda in Tauranga (Mount Maunganui), Thames, and Te Puke.
The group has forged a reputation for the very highest ethical standards.
Ultimate Motor Group in Thames is a trusted household name and you will be tasked with upholding the tradition of delivering the highest ethical standards of vehicle trading to the Thames and Coromandel communities.
The role and its duties
The role involves managing the Ford and Mazda regional dealership in the following Prime Market Area (PMA) - Thames and districts including the entire Coromandel Peninsula from Waihi to Paeroa up to Port Jackson, Whitianga, Tairua, Pauanui, and Whangamata and all the communities in between.
This dealership employs 12 staff including sales personnel, and parts, service, and administration staff.
As a regional site it will prove a very hands-on role.
- Both personally and through encouragement of your sales team you will undertake a range of proactive networking and prospecting activities within the community
- Ensure that new and used vehicle sales and profit targets are achieved
- Ensure the sales team is motivated and are well informed
- Review, develop, and implement the daily prospecting system
- Carry out trade appraisals and pricing of used stock
- Organise vehicle reconditioning
- Sign off new and used deals and support the sales process always
- Control costs i.e. inventory, reconditioning, after sales expenses etc.
- Continuously review digital marketing initiatives in conjunction with Managing Director
- Staff management: hire, train, motivate, counsel, and monitor the performance of all departments and employees, and form and review key performance indicators
- Direct and schedule the activities of all department employees
- Communicate with employees to ensure that dealership policies and procedures are understood and followed
- Establish / maintain / build practices to train, develop, and motivate department employees
- Establish / maintain / monitor good housekeeping, safety, and security procedures
- Responsible for all Health and Safety issues at the branch
A full job description is available on request.
The skills sought
A motor industry background is required.
With border closures the right to be able to work in New Zealand is essential during COVID-19.
You will need a strong sales management focused motor industry background in the capacity of Sales Manager, Branch Manager, Assistant Sales Manager, or similar as advanced sales and sales management skills along with in-depth appraisal and pricing knowledge is needed for this role.
Ideally these skills would have been developed within a franchise brand automotive dealership environment.
Being a regional role and the principal ambassador for Ford and Mazda in the PMA, you will need to focus on networking and relationship building supporting your team and the company.
The success of this role will be highly dependent on you taking the lead and getting out into the community including schools, farming communities, community groups, sporting groups, social events, and much more right throughout the PMA. Start thinking about how you will engage with the community as this will be an interview question.
You will need to be a lateral thinker capable of generating business personally and using the resources of your team to grow the business.
Exceptional communication skills are also required.
The rewards allow for a six-figure income, however, there is a component of profit share that will be dependent on achieving sales targets and profitability targets for your branch.
For those applying from outside the region seeking to relocate, Thames is a historical New Zealand town situated between the calm waters of the Firth of Thames and the majestic ranges of the Coromandel Peninsula. Being the largest town in Hauraki-Coromandel, Thames is the business hub for the region and the gateway to the Coromandel Peninsula famous for world class beaches, rivers, mountainous scenery, and so much more.
How to apply
Clicking the “APPLY NOW” section is the best way to upload your resume.
- Acknowledgement occurs upon application when uploading your resume through the 'Apply Now' section
- All applications will be forwarded to the client unless otherwise requested
For more information or a confidential discussion, you can call Russell Phillips from mobile or landline on Freephone 0800 67 57 47, or +64 27 479 0000.
You can also request a job description from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's