Business Development Manager
|Job Title:||Business Development Manager|
|Job Published:||October 20, 2020 11:01|
- Based at the Corporate Sales Office in Greenlane, Auckland
- A global corporation that provide a platform in which to excel
- Five day week, high salary, plus bonuses, medical, car, and Toyota benefits
About Toyota NZ
Toyota New Zealand is a wholly owned subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation, Japan and in 2020 celebrated 33 years of vehicle market leadership in New Zealand.
Toyota New Zealand’s key operations are based from four locations: the National Customer Centre in Palmerston North, Thames Vehicle Operations in Thames, and a Port of Entry facility and Corporate Sales Office in Auckland. We sell new Toyota and Lexus vehicles as well as used vehicles, parts, and service.
This Business Development Manager's vacancy is based at the Corporate Sales Office in Auckland located in the Millennium Centre, Greenlane.
The primary function of this role is to ensure the retention and growth of significant corporate fleet accounts for Toyota NZ. The successful applicant will be the face of Toyota NZ delivering the customer experience to our corporate clients with 100+ vehicles in their fleet.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Managing dedicated lease company accounts as well as multinational corporate fleet accounts allocated to your portfolio
- Exceptional personal commitment and contribution towards the achievement of the team’s annual sales target – Toyota is a team target orientated organisation
- This is a senior account management role where you will also need to actively seek out and secure conquest business
- Develop superior product knowledge and the unique benefits of both after sales and sales processes
- Progress towards continuous improvement of philosophies and proficiency of all Toyota NZ applications with the scope of your role
- Strong capable efficiencies and the ability to think and act strategically
A full job description is available upon request.
The skills we seek
We are ideally seeking an experienced motor industry professional who ideally has a retail vehicle franchise, fleet sales, or new vehicle background. You could also have come from a lease company, national distributor, or feel you have skills and experience in the motor industry applicable to the role.
We will also consider other B2B applications.
The ability to work in NZ and already be in NZ is a prerequisite due to Covid-19 border closures.
This is a corporate business development role requiring exceptional customer relationship building skills. Good IT skills and efficient administrative ability are also imperative. Due to a high content of interfacing with Toyota NZ’s key account clientele, you will be required to possess the very highest standards of professionalism.
You will need to be located in the Auckland area within commutable distance from the Penrose corporate offices.
Why this role stands out from the norm
Many employers highlight the most significant feature of a vacancy being remuneration or benefits.
While it is true that remuneration and benefits are attractive in this role, what makes this role stand out is the work culture at Toyota NZ.
The Toyota NZ employment infrastructure supporting its network is significant. Candidates therefore should not ignore the benefits of medium or long term career pathways in the company. Toyota NZ has a whole range of innovative projects being rolled out showcasing the transport initiatives of the future. This is a career role and candidates are well guided to consider what long term loyalty, dedication, and competency could mean for your career within Toyota NZ.
Remuneration is attractive with the base salary designed to attract applicants among the industry’s best. Five-day week, high salary plus bonuses, as well as medical, car, and Toyota benefits.
How to apply and the closing date
Clicking the “APPLY NOW” section is the best way to upload your resume so both Toyota NZ and Automotive Employment (NZ) Ltd are able to view your application. Both parties have access to the specific assignment.
Please read the application process and note the dates processing begins
- First acknowledgement occurs upon application
- All applications must be received by the closing date which is Monday the 26th of October
- Processing of applications begins on Tuesday the 27th of October when a second acknowledgement of the commencement of processing will be provided
- Consultant interviewing begins Wednesday the 28th of October
A job description can be requested by contacting Russell Phillips via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to confidentially discuss the role, contact Russell Phillips on +64 9 271 3200 or via freephone 0800 67 57 47.
Russell can also be contacted on +64 27 479 0000.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's