Job reference - 35845
- Accredited employer
- Qualified Bus Mechanic
- High hourly rate of $39 - $40 per hour plus overtime available
Access 31 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job. New Zealand's leaders in motor industry recruitment since 1991.
Our client is a leading transport company that provides coach and bus services across the region. They are committed to providing safe, reliable, and efficient transportation to our passengers.
Our client is seeking highly skilled and experienced Bus/Coach Mechanics as well as an Experienced Foreman to join their team. The successful candidates will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of our fleet of coaches and buses.
You will be based in their Auckland depot and report to the Workshop Manager. The foreman will be paid up to $45 per hour depending on their skills and experience.
- Diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical faults on coaches and buses
- Carry out routine servicing and maintenance on vehicles
- Conduct safety inspections and identify any defects
- Complete all necessary documentation and records accurately
- Work to deadlines and ensure that vehicles are returned to service promptly
- Ensure that all work is carried out to the required standard and in accordance with relevant legislation and regulations
- Maintain a clean and tidy workshop
- Proven experience as a bus/coach mechanic
- Relevant trade qualification
- Strong technical knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems
- Ability to diagnose and repair faults quickly and efficiently
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulation
- Ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
- Good communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
Benefits and why you should apply
- Competitive salary - higher than market rates - $39 - $40 per hour
- Full time permanent position offering a minimum of 40 hours per week
- Inclusive and fun company culture
- Training and development opportunities
- Career progression
How to apply
Applications from those wanting to relocate from elsewhere within NZ are welcome. If you are based offshore and wanting to move to New Zealand and meet the requirements - please APPLY NOW. We are able to assist you with your visa requirements making the process easy and seamless.
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online. For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.
You can also visit the job board on our website to view further vacancies https://www.automotiveemployment.co.nz/jobs
Jobcorp owned companies include Jobcorp NZ Ltd, Jobcorp Immigration, Automotive Employment NZ and Property Employment NZ. Our company has business interests in recruitment, the provision of immigration advice, and the provision of employment relations advice.