Job reference - 35196
- Work flexible hours and promote a healthy work-life balance
- Trade qualified technician with bus or heavy road transport experience
- Large, nationally represented company
Access 30 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job. New Zealand's leaders in motor industry recruitment since 1991.
Our client is looking for an experienced Bus Technician to join a busy team in a well appointed workshop in the Bay of Plenty
Our client is looking for a qualified and experienced Bus Technician to join their successful team.
You should be used to high volume, busy workshop environments, and have strong mechanical skills to ensure you are able to carry out a full range of mechanical repairs.
You will also be expected to provide excellent customer service ensuring all clients are happy and taken care of.
Work in a culture based on recognition of effort, fairness, and reward for achievement.
Enjoy excellent working conditions with a strong focus on safety and flexible hours to suit your needs.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Accurate servicing and maintenance fleet of buses
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical failures and recommend solutions
- Ensure all paperwork and job cards are up to date
- Provide excellent and accurate service to customers
- Fault finding, diagnostics, and repairs
- Engine, transmission, suspension, and brake system repairs as well as all other general duties
- Complete jobs to a high standard
Successful candidates will need the following:
- A NZ mechanical trade certificate or equivalent
- Experience in the heavy vehicle industry as a diesel mechanic/technician
- Prior experience working on buses is essential though experience on trucks will be considered
- Electrical diagnosis and repair ability
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use computers and customer management systems
- Sound technical knowledge and experience
- Good use of initiative - independent worker
- Clean driving and police records
- A background working as part of a team
- Attractive salary package
- Ability to work on the latest technology
- Personal and professional development training
- Tool allowance
- Modern working environment and most of all supportive co-workers and management team
- An environment that is safe, secure, supportive and free from discrimination
How to apply
Applications from those wanting to relocate from elsewhere within NZ are welcome.
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online. For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.
You can also visit the job board on our website to view further vacancies https://www.automotiveemployment.co.nz/jobs
Automotive Employment (NZ) Limited and Property Employment (NZ) Ltd are wholly owned subsidiaries of JOBCORP (NZ) Ltd. Our company has business interests in recruitment, the provision of immigration advice, and the provision of employment relations advice.