Bar Duty and Galley Manager
|Job Title:||Bar Duty and Galley Manager|
|Job Published:||August 05, 2020 14:01|
- Permanent, part time role – Wed to Sat 15h30-19h30, and Sun 12h30-19h30
- Duty Manager, LCQ, Food Safety & Hygiene, and First Aid Certificates required
- Boating, yachting or marine interests preferred (not essential)
About the Panmure Yacht & Boating Club
The PYBC (Panmure Yacht & Boating Club) is one of the historic yacht clubs of New Zealand. First established 108 years ago, the club caters for members of the yachting and boating community.
The club rooms are an absolute waterfront location located on Kings Road, Panmure which is where this position is based.
The PYBC run racing regattas, fishing competitions, a cruising division, as well as provide catering for members, have haul out and maintenance facilities, along with a highly active social calendar. The PYBC is the hub that supports the boating and leisure activities for its large membership base.
The role and its duties
Flexibility is a necessity as you will be required to work Mondays or Tuesdays when other clubs make use of the club premises, or at special events such as Club Prize Giving - adequate notice will be provided. In winter the club is open on a Sunday from 12h30 to 19h30.
Further details on hours will be provided in the job description which should be used as the guide.
- Managing the bar and galley areas of the club and maintain a staff roster with planning
- Delegating authority to bar and galley staff
- Ensuring all staff understand and meet the club standards as listed in their job description
- Ensure staff understand and met all health and hygiene requirements
- Manage bar and galley stock, order stock, prepare weekly order and copy of the order to the office administrator
- Carry out monthly stock-take on the last trading day of the month and give the stock count sheet to the office administrator for reconciliation
- At conclusion of the business day reconcile all cash from the bar and galley
- Maintain galley incident logbook to national standards
- Record all chillers and fridge temperatures in the book, listed as fridge temperature records
- Ensure all stored product is clearly label and dated, including rotation of stock
- Observe and advise the Club Manager of any beverage of food cost increases and coordinate weekly shopping
- Ensure security of the club at the end of the business day
There are a range of more general duties also and a full job description is available on request.
The skills we are seeking
The skills and attributes we seek as listed below but we are looking for a nurturing personality who makes our club members feel wanted and special. Someone who can bring a bit of fun to the team in a decent way. We are hoping to attract someone who will be part of our long-term team and become an important part
This is not an entry level role - you will need prior experience in a similar role
- Maintain a current Duty Manager’s Certificate and LCQ Certificate
- Maintain a current Food Safety & Hygiene Certificate
- Maintain a current First Aid Certificate
- Clear communication skills
- Efficient and able to multitask
- Ability to work under pressure
- Engaging, vibrant, and energetic personality
- Relationship building with patrons
- Honesty is very important - a clean police record is a condition of employment
Please email email@example.com for a full job description and schedule of hours.
The PYBC is a family friendly club facility and the successful applicant will be engaging with members daily but so too needs to be able to draw the line between work and recreation; it is a busy, active role.
Candidates should note that to ensure all applications are accessible by the PYBC, you must click the apply section and upload your resume online. This process allows PYBC to review your resume through the Automotive Employment NZ hiring portal. Prompt action is recommended.
The rewards and benefits
The role pays a competitive hourly remuneration.
There is approximately 20 to 30 hours work required each week but, as mentioned before, flexibility is required.
Regular mileage will be provided for shopping trips.
Join the employ of a friendly club with a great culture.
How to apply and closing date
- All applications received will be acknowledged upon application
- Uploading your application allows PYBC to view your resume through our hiring portal.
- All applications will be forwarded to PYBC for review unless otherwise requested
Further questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org but applications should not be made through this email address unless you experience technical difficulties.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's