Bar Duty and Galley Manager
|Job Title:||Bar Duty and Galley Manager|
|Contact Name:||Russell Phillips|
|Job Published:||January 22, 2021 14:16|
- Permanent, part time role – Wed, and Fri, and Sat 15h30-19h30; Thurs 15h30-22h00, and Sun 12h30-19h30
- Duty Manager, LCQ, Food Safety & Hygiene, and First Aid Certificates required
- Boating, yachting or marine interests preferred (not essential)
This role would suit a locally placed, flexible candidate who is enthusiastic and able to delegate and multitask.
About the Panmure Yacht & Boating Club
The PYBC (Panmure Yacht & Boating Club) is one of the historic yacht clubs of New Zealand. First established 108 years ago, the club caters for members of the yachting and boating community.
The club rooms are an absolute waterfront location located on Kings Road, Panmure which is where this position is based.
The PYBC run racing regattas, fishing competitions, a cruising division, as well as provide catering for members, have haul out and maintenance facilities, along with a highly active social calendar. The PYBC is the hub that supports the boating and leisure activities for its large membership base.
The role and its duties
The role of duty manager is responsible for effectively managing all bar and restaurant/galley activities and supervision of staff.
- Managing the bar and galley areas of the club and maintaining a staff roster with planning
- Delegating authority to bar and galley staff and hands-on training of staff
- Ensuring a high standard of compliance of food standards which in practice means maintaining an A certification
- Ensure staff understand and meet all health and hygiene requirements
- Manage bar and galley stock, order stock, prepare weekly orders, and send a copy of the order to the Office Administrator
- Carry out monthly stock-take on the last trading day of the month and give the stock count sheet to the Office Administrator for reconciliation
- At conclusion of the business day reconcile all cash from the bar and galley
- Maintain galley incident logbook to national standards
- Record all chiller and fridge temperatures in the book listed as fridge temperature records
- Ensure all stored product is clearly labelled and dated, including rotation of stock
- Observe and advise the Club Manager of any beverage or food cost increases and coordinate weekly shopping
- Ensure security of the club at the end of the business day
There are also a range of more general duties and a full job description is available on request.
The skills we are seeking
The skills and attributes we seek are listed below but we are looking for a nurturing personality who makes our club members feel wanted and special. Someone who can bring a bit of fun to the team in a decent way. We are hoping to attract someone who will be an important part of our long-term team.
This is not an entry level role - you will need prior experience in a similar role
- Maintain a current Duty Manager’s Certificate and LCQ Certificate
- Maintain a current Food Safety & Hygiene Certificate
- Maintain a current First Aid Certificate
- Clear communication skills
- Efficient and able to multitask
- Ability to work under pressure
- Relationship building with patrons
- Honesty is very important - a clean police record is a condition of employment
The Duty Manager is responsible for ensuring staff are available both in the restaurant and bar. In practice, on occasion, this may require the Duty Manager to be personally involved with the preparation of basic meals.
The PYBC is a family friendly club facility and the successful applicant will be engaging with members daily but so too needs to be able to draw the line between work and recreation; it is a busy, active role.
This is a permanent, part time role – Wed, Fri, and Sat 15h30-19h30, Thurs 15h30-22h00. and Sun 12h30-19h30 with a guaranteed minimum of 24 hours work.
In reality additional hours are provided up to 30 hours so some flexibility is a necessity. On occasion you may be required to work Mondays or Tuesdays when other clubs make use of the club premises, or at special events such as Club Prize Giving - adequate notice will be provided. In winter the club is open on a Sunday from 12h30 to 19h30.
Please email email@example.com for a full job description and schedule of hours.
The rewards and benefits
- The role pays a competitive hourly remuneration
- A minimum of 24 hours is provided.
- Regular mileage will be provided for shopping trips
- Join the employ of a friendly club with a great culture
How to apply and closing date
Candidates should note that to ensure all applications are accessible by the PYBC, you must click the apply section and upload your resume online. This process allows PYBC to review your resume through the Automotive Employment NZ hiring portal. Prompt action is recommended.
Please read the application process and note the dates processing begins
- All applications received will be acknowledged upon application
- All applications must be received by the closing date which is February the 8th
- A second acknowledgement of the commencement of processing will be provided after the closing date
- Consultant interviewing begins February the 9th
Further questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org but applications should not be made through this email address unless you experience technical difficulties. Upload your resume by clicking the apply section of this ad.
Should you wish to confidentially discuss the role, contact Russell or Jo via freephone 0800 67 57 47. Russell can also be contacted on 027 27 479 00.
No offshore applications can be accepted during COVID-19 unless you are a returning NZ resident/citizen.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's