Automotive Technician - Sole Charge
|Job Title:||Automotive Technician - Sole Charge|
|Job Published:||August 14, 2020 12:16|
- Run the business as though it were your own
- Meet your KPI’s and the rewards of ownership shares are on offer
- Wellington suburban location
Access 29 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job.
Do you have experience in running, or have held a 2IC position in, an aftermarket garage and would like the opportunity to be sole charge?
If you have ever dreamed of running a medium-sized, aftermarket garage then this is an opportunity that you will want to grab with both hands and not let go.
About the role
- We are looking for a qualified experienced automotive technician to work and manage a medium-sized automotive garage
- You will be involved in employing a second qualified mechanic as well as an accounts person / receptionist
- With new building ownership there is a large budget to totally revamp including painting of the building, new website, new tools etc.
- Currently there are two bays and three lifts with room for a fourth once you have grown the business - there is so much potential and scope
- You will be required to not only complete the mechanical work but also grow and maintain all aspects of the business
- Applicants MUST have NZ residency / citizenship, or a valid, Open Work Visa
- An understanding of profitability dynamics including margins, parts costings etc.
- Trade qualified technician with level 4 or higher
- Hold a WOF / AVI ticket
- Full and clean drivers licence
- Understand and adhere to health and safety requirements
- Have the ability to deal with suppliers to negotiate pricing
- A team player who is capable of motivating and mentoring staff
- Be work fit
To the exciting and important parts!
- Work in a busy, suburban, aftermarket garage and run it as your own
- Relaxed urban work environment near shops and transportation
- Salary level commensurate with experience
- Share of ownership of the business if KPI’s are met - there is huge scope and potential to significantly increase your income over time
- Supportive but non-intrusive owners
How to apply
Unfortunately, due to border closures, we cannot accept applications from offshore migrants at present.
This vacancy is therefore only open to NZ citizens, residents, and those with Open Work Visas.
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online.
For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: Freephone 0800 67 57 47 from landline and mobile. The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's