Automotive Technician - Bermuda
|Job Title:||Automotive Technician - Bermuda|
|Job Published:||September 09, 2020 09:00|
- Significant remuneration package in a beautiful, tropical location
- Holden/GM experience preferred, but would consider other brands
- Long term contract
The World Bank rates Bermuda as one of the most affluent countries in the world. It is classified among the reef building corals in the western Atlantic Ocean.
The Bermuda Islands are located around 1046 km east of North Carolina, USA. The entire island consists of an area of 53sq km.
Time zone: Atlantic time, one hour ahead of the USA and Canada’s EST, and four hours behind GMT.
With just 5 active COVID-19 infections Bermuda is one of the few locations in the world where freedom of movement is not impinged from COVID. New arrivals need testing when entering the country.
The vacancy is located in Pembroke, Bermuda’s capital and a port city.
- We seek a skilled automotive technician looking for an employment adventure - surely there cannot be many destinations to match this one
- You will need to be fully trade qualified and be able to work on a variety of modern, light vehicles
- The company is a Holden franchise however they will look at a range of automotive skills
- You will need to be prepared to relocate to Bermuda for at least 2 years, be fit and healthy, and have no criminal convictions
- Some diagnostic experience is essential
- Applicants will need to be prepared to travel within the next few weeks which will mean either a current passport or the ability to renew your passport quickly
While the reward to work in Bermuda in itself is a great opportunity, Bermuda’s cost of living is not cheap.
Remuneration provides for a standard of living similar to New Zealand with remuneration in US dollars.
Base salary is $62,400 BMD (BMD is pegged to the USD) with 10% of all billable hours at $100 per hour.
Single accommodation is provided during month 1 as may airfares and other benefits for candidates with the right skills.
Attitude is everything for this employer so you will also need good work references.
How to apply
Click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online.
For more information on this ad or our full range of vacancies, contact your industry recruitment specialists at Automotive Employment (NZ) Ltd for a confidential discussion.
Phone during NZ business hours: Freephone 0800 67 57 47 from landline and mobile.
The International landline is +64 9 271 3200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's