Job reference - 35186
- Large, nationally represented organisation
- Top rates, sign on bonus, and other benefits on offer
- Monday to Friday work week - more family time!
Access 30 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job. New Zealand's leaders in motor industry recruitment since 1991.
We are looking for an automotive technician to join a well organised workshop in the Wellington area.
More about the area
The capital city of New Zealand offers a beautiful waterfront promenade, sandy beaches, vibey city night life with world-class wineries and the Kapiti coast all just a short drive away from Wellington.
You will be working in a well equipped workshop offering the successful candidate training, a fun team environment and incentives. The role will require you to work on a wide variety of vehicles and deal directly with customers. This is a Monday to Friday role offering a work life balance that will leave your weekends free to explore and spend with your friends and family giving you the work life balance you deserve.
Duties will include:
- Services and general maintenance
- WOF checks on vehicles
- Extensive customer liaison
- Minor and major mechanical repairs
- Workflow control to ensure customer expectations are met
- Ensuring general maintenance of the workshop and supplies is kept to a high standard
Applicants should have the following skills, experience, and attributes:
- A relevant automotive trade qualification and a WOF would be ad added bonus to which you will be rewarded
- Extensive servicing and general repair experience
- Proven ability to work independently
- Recent experience working on a wide range of makes and models of light automotive vehicles
- Good diagnostic ability
- Excellent people skills, a positive attitude and a good work ethic
- Good level of computer literacy
- Be well organised and results driven
Top rates, incentives, health benefits, sign on bonus and a great safe team environment, combined with an excellent package as well as the security of working for a large, nationally represented organisation, this is a great opportunity.
How to apply
Applications from those wanting to relocate from elsewhere within NZ are welcome.
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online. For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.
You can also email or visit our website at automotiveemployment.co.nz